Sunday 10 June 2018

Oxford done and Dusted

Well that's Oxford done and I must say I was not looking forward to walking the walls of Oxford as I was here in 1967 Putting a roof on the biggest hanger in the UK this was pre Jumbo jet era. Though with Maturity and Noreens expert knowledge on architecture I have changed my mind it is really a very Beautiful and interesting City and well worth the effort it took to get here. the Oxford canal is by far the worst I have ever come across. It is obvious the CRT and Oxford council do not want boaters on the canal. The canal bank is so overgrown that it is impossible to moor a boat even on the designated moorings and the overhanging trees are that low they obstruct your Navigation. All the boaters we met are complaining about it also the fact that some of the best mooring have been sold off to Residential mooring. THESE so called boat are not fit to keep a dog in I doubt if any have a BSC (Boat Safety Certificate ) don't get me wrong, I will fight for the right for anyone to live were and how they want but if these boats were council houses they would have been given warnings and then evicted. but CRT cannot be bothered and the council don't care because they are having to house the people who are having to live in such a way.
Never the less Oxford is a very nice place cant say much about its residents as for 10 Good Mornings given out we would get two return nods or sometimes the brave ones would smile, Maybe its because its Oxford One thing I did notice is that most of the grave stones and memorials are inscribed  in Latin especially in the bigger churches such as Christ the King, in my right wing way that tells me that the Academia did that to express their superiority over the lower class stating that they could read Latin and we could NOT. Or maybe in my more Liberal way it was inscribed  as the Bible and most mass were said in the language of Latin Whatever I prefer it to be in English so ignorant people like me can look back an see who is in the whole. I did say to Noreen that I want mine in plain English with a twang of Mancunian Noreen says (she is not wasting money on that I have said enough already to last me in this world and the next)
So that's it for Oxford
Tomorrow we head for the a few miles up the Thames
speak soon
Buggerlugs




NOW THAT BRICK WORK SHOULD IMPRESS ANYONE




Christ Church

Just a few Bikes Students are now allowed to bring cars into Oxford

This is the place were the compulsory education system was born.

Noreen hoping we get back OK



No comments: