Monday 4 June 2018

Banbury Cross

Hi FOLKS
Wait a minute after I wrote last nights blog Noreen said "did you tell them about the Naked walker.
Sorry I forgot,,  There I was watching the Oxfordshire countryside roll be then I spotted a walker nothing extraordinary about that we pass hundreds of them but was a guy on his own mid 50s thought nothing of it until he got closer then it dawned on me he was NAKED WALKER I gave a pleasant good morning and we passed the time of day I wanted him to know that I as not shocked, upset or embarrassed seen bigger than that hanging around the showers ?? however Noreen WAS MOST UPSET as she was down below and only saw the back of him and his little bum wobbling away into the distance, she was fuming! and wanted ME to give all the details Anyway that was yesterday
Today has been a much easier day the weather has been a lot cooler nice but cooler unlike yesterdays events we made good time and arrived in Banbury just on lunch time enough time to give Banbury the once over and Noreen some therapy as there is a nice shopping centre and the town is a real old fashioned town with proper shops quaint alleyways and some lovely selection of Victorian, Georgian, Edwardian and some earlier that I couldn't date but some very interesting architecture.
After asking in six different languages where Banbury  Cross was ( I know very little Polish) but my basic Arabic worked and we found the Cross. It is now in the middle of a roundabout with no access without taking your life in your hands. Actually if you want to learn all about the Bambury Cross and the fine Lady there are some great old photos and explanations in Weatherspoons (we had lunch there)and discovered everything we wanted to know.

We are now well moored up in the centre of the town ready for another day on the cut tomorrow
God Bless
Buggerlugs

That's the Banbury Cross Noreen is wearing it

Noreen this was before Weatherspoons



No comments: