Wednesday 23 September 2015

Is anyone reading this blog????????

Things here are getting quite warm we seem to be out of the early spring weather and now are into the much warmer dryer weather though we still get the odd heavy shower but in this heat it is more of  blessing than a hindrance, Noreen and I are getting out quite a lot and still finding lots to explore Last saturday we went to a sculpture exhibition on the beach at  Curumbin on the just south of here It was fantastic there are some very clever people about who seem to make art out of nothing and I wondered with some of the sculptures how many hours went into it  check out the Lion and Dragon the lion is constructed of Wire Mesh and the Dragon from Chain just amazing.
Having sampled the art life we remembered a place called Tamborine which is a small town on top of Mount Tamborine (obviously) The mountain is 1575ft above sea level with a flattish plateau on top
It is very similar to Hebden Bridge in Yorkshire where in the 60's all the Hippies went to do their own thing and never left even today there are more VW camper vans in Hebden than anywhere else in England and the place is full of craft shops and bistro's Anyway Tamborine is a very similar place with artisan shops every few paces, vegan cafe's, vegetarian shops, with lots of people with white wish Peace and harmony with everyone. It even has people wishing to throw themselves of steep slopes into the wind and sky tied to a frame of what would appear to be scaffolding surrounded by bed sheets these extra ordinary Pilots have either no sense, no brain, on drugs, or just very brave people seeking a great thrill, I could not see the point when they trained me to jump out of a perfectly good aircraft  when they said I had to throw myself, again I transgress Tamborine is a very nice place and Noreen and I had a great day up there' We didn't try free love, vegetarian food, Vegan food, magic potion  or anything else that my not agree with my prescribed drugs????????
God Bless to All



                                            I am using this sign on my art work




Why

                                                                  How Many Hours


It was 18.00 the sun going down and quite a chilly evening





3 comments:

Diane said...

hi there, I am reading your blog and currently not so far away in Maloolah Valley visiting my parents. You look to be having a great time in Australia. Diane NB Ferndale

KevinTOO said...

You be careful in Oz Alf, especially as Diane is there too...
there's just no escaping boating bloggers is there?? lol
Apparently she's stalking you... ROFLMAO

Sue said...

I'm reading it! :-D