Sunday 8 December 2013

Travel Safe

I know that the blog is not the place to vent my feelings on things that annoy me, You want to hear about the good things in life, the hilarious happenings along the tow path and of course not forgetting my little mishaps.
But I have to get rid of my frustration somewhere so here goes.
This time its cyclists! Please let me explain, I love to see a family cycling along the beautiful lanes of this county or people going about their lawful business using the bike as a sustainable mode of transport. I as a driver give great respect and care when passing any cyclist even when it requires me to almost stop, so what I am in no hurry.
BUT!!!! around this area of Lancashire  where cycling has been elevated to the status of notoriety with Bradly Wiggins living just around the corner, it has become a horrible spectacle  that we normal road users have to endure on a daily basis, these so called cyclists are a menace they are loud, rude, ignorant of all road sense, give no regard for other road users,  They seem to be of the opinion that the road was put there just for them that these local byroads are there play ground or race track, They normally ride in packs terroriing and bullying road users, They also ride in the pretense that Lycra is either a defense against 20 ton wagons and tractors. or a nice way of showing off a fat ar--. In the 1960s we were plagued with the rockers who rode on motor bikes using the same tactics to dominate the road,  just like these modern cyclists that form packs, stretch themselves across the road, to prohibit any form of  safe overtaking, race each other which is actually against the law,  go through red lights, cross junctions with no regard for themselves or others,
I have a simple solutions these that the normal cyclist would adhere to and obey.
1. All cyclist should pass a test and have a licence.
2. Police should stop and arrest cyclists that disobey the LAW. Like all other road users
3. make them pay road duty
Enough I here you cry and I agree. just be on guard these Gangs are a menace 
Travel safe 
Big Al

No comments: