Wednesday 15 May 2013



Hi
As PREDICTED we left Manchester heading for Lymm in a gale force wind, however the weather man did say that things would get better ?? cruising along through Sale and Altringham we are reminded just what a sprawl Manchester has become I can remember when there was green between Sale and Altringham now they are just another district of a sprawling metropolis all these outlying districts are now connected to the heart by the tram, that hissing, twisting robotic like carrier of the blood of the city People Oh God am I happy that I got away from that drudge.
The cruise to Lymm was quite uneventful and rather boring as we have done that many many times, arriving in Lymm we were soon moored up awaiting the arrival of John and Kath as we had gone on ahead. After about an hour John was knocking saying that the next day he may have to go back as his inverter had packed up, after a discussion group we decided that the best course of action would be to give it a good coat of thinking about and decide in the morning, as usual after a good night sleep we both had ideas but John had been up since sparrow fart and thought he had found the fault all we needed now was to find a garage where we could get a Battery tie cable as neither of us knew the answer we just asked the first person we saw  and believe it or not he said follow me I have loads on my boat ready made up How lucky can one person get 20 mins later job done and we are again on our way now heading for Anderton except for the having to negotiate a dredger and mad drunks on a day boat the journey again was uneventful, Except as we came through Dutton I saw a boat in front heading my way, well he could have been if he wasn’t  stuck very firm to the bottom as I approached he skipper asked if we could give him a push off the sucken tree that had attached itself to the bottom of his boat even we buggerlugs in full forward and his boat in full reverse it wasn’t going away where  and after another 10 mins of trying everyone theories I decided to take the bull by the horns and take over as it was a very new boat and very well polished he was reluctant to try my Idea’s that was of course two standing on the gunnel starting a good rocking motion Noreen on the helm pushing his wife putting there boat in full reverse and there it was off the obstruction and going backwards like a bullet Noreen was cleaver cutting our engine and letting buggerlugs glide gently over it from, there on easy sailing except that the rain that wa forecasted for the evening had arrived early and I was getting soaked, As we arrived in Anderton  we found a mooing putting the boat in reverse ther was such a almighty bang and the engine cut dead after mooring and an inspection of the prop I found the prop was fouled up and Jammed solid I have never seen a prop that solid before I gave it my best go but after an hour in the pouring rain, hanging virtually upside down with your arm in the water upto my shoulder I gave up after all that’s why we are in The Canal River Rescue for. Also we had guests arriving in 45 mins We had arranged for Silvia Marjory, Alan, and Geof to come over for a curry evening in amongst everything else Noreen and I  had made a Buggerlugs Blaster. It was a great night and took our minds off what could be wrong with the prop a godd night with good friends and good food.
The morning came still raining it had rained for 14 hrs solid, I called the CRR at 8.30 they were here by 11.00 the two lads that arrived were great and soon got to grips with the problem as it was still raining the stripped off (top half) and after 30 mins pushing swearing, cutting , and more searing the eureka moment arrived as with one last pull it came free a bloody great big tyre and rope still attached. I shall not go into details only to say Canal River Rescue does what it says on the can.. They Rescue
Its at times that this when you realise your limits and can appreciate the agility and fitness of the youth.
Tomorrow we are setting off again we are only going to Kings Lock What could go Wrong.?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????



The offending Tyre
I admit not a good photo 
 I was soaked to the skin, P off But very relieved to have the boat back working



The repaired Breach at Dutton 
2.5million of our money it had better work??



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great reading, I look forward to reading more about summer aboard buggerlugs 2013... keep posting the the piccys and have a great time hugs to you both x x the halliwells