Sunday 12 May 2013

Manchester on a very wet weekend

Never worry about spending a wet weekend in the heart of Manchester
Here on the Castlefield Mooring it is always an education, Looking out of you window you are able to watch the whole world go by, I love watching people,  Any play write sat here you could write one script after another, I have sat in the cratch (front part of the boat ) were I was painting the people, the characters, the nationalities that stop and chat are so wonderful, Noreen says I will talk to anyone she is possibly right I have a few words in quite a few languages and love to say hello (you also get better sales)
We have had very few visitors I blame the weather our Keith and Carol came yesterday and we had a great
day just chatting. today after church we braved the weather and got the tram into Piccadilly, In the early 60s  Piccadilly was my work place, The Midland Hotel, the Queens Hotel, Piccadilly Plaza, and others but today when I stepped of the tram I was lost. I am not sure its for the better I use to love Piccadilly Gardens (as it was) but there you are the place was packed with shoppers, sight seers, United supporters and every Creed, colour sect and nationality it is all there, never mind Time Square, Trafalgar Square get to Piccadilly its just as good.
Tomorrow we are setting out early to Lyme stopping off at sale for a bit of shopping lets hope for a bit better weather I don't want this blog to become a weather report and I will try to stay clear of it  but it is a very important part of our day

God Bless All

Big Al

Castlefield 22.00hrs Sunday evening 
Dry at last  after three days of rain 
From the Galley Hatch

No comments: