Thursday 1 September 2011

Bank Holiday

Hi everyone

What a lousy Bank Holiday; weather wise anyway€. I am glad we weren’t out on the cut.

To pass time I did a canal painting demonstration in the Marina Cafe, It takes the form a painting demonstration, talks on canal art and its origins. I even let the kids have a go. which is great I love to see parents panic when kids get paint on the brush and everywhere else??
However Monday was a wash out very few people about the weather here in Rufford was atrocious though I did pick up two commissions for door panels etc , As I said not many people about but the folk I did speak to were very nice and it was great to talk to folk about canal life especially those who have not experienced it or are wanting more info about it.

I love the naivety of some peoples conception about canal life; one lady asked how we did the washing ? did we use the canal water ? She was most indignant when I said we had a washing machine, fridge, freezer, vacuum cleaner and all other mod cons. Others who were contemplating buying a boat just want advice, and to pick your experiences. All of which I am only too willing to do. Especially about blacking in a dry dock and inspecting the hull in a rush???

The marina is now quite full its lovely to see all the boats returning most though are the non live aboards, so even though we have lots of boats in, the amount of people around the marina does not increase.

Today has been quite a different day we had an excursion to Wales to visit a friend who I have not seen since the accident that was great, walking along the front in Roseonsea near Llandudno we had lunch out and really enjoyed it I am back in society again and loving it

I have just sent back my driving licence to see if they will let me drive again apparently you have to inform DVLA if you have a brain or serious head injury and they decide if you can continue to drive, keep your fingers crossed for me because being driven is driving me mad as Noreen will tell you I am not a good passenger ?????



View down the full length of the marina at dusk now almost full




1 comment:

downunda said...

Hi Folks,

Sorry to hear about Mondays bad weather though, I expect it took the pressure off for Noreen.

Good talking to you both yesterday and good luck with the licence.

X M X