Sunday 21 August 2011

Hi Everyone


Hi

I am writing this for the pure pleasure of my sister-in -law who is an antipodean living in a beautiful part of Australia , Mary complained that she is fed up of opening up the blog with a new picture expecting it to be a new blog only to find that it is still the same story from two weeks ago with new picture. I am not as busy as I use to be so not much to report,  But here goes

Since the last blog things have started progress a lot faster that what we all thought possible I still have a few broken bones which I must say are taking their time to mend but the rest of me is just about fixed though pins and needles in my arms and fingers are becoming a right nuisance,

I am doing a canal painting demonstration either Thursday next week or bank holiday Monday here in the Boatmans Cabin Cafe on the marina it gives the customers a chance to see the painting craft first hand and to understand the significance and history of the art.

We had our grandson for two days last week its great he really loves the boat I know he is only 4 but he can start and stop the engine He has his own little boxes in the engine room he loves playing with nails screws bits of pipe magnets and all sorts of bits his imagination is endless. One of our friends brought their grandson same age 4 they play well together, isn’t it wonderful I gave them a piece of rope which they played with all day I taught them a few tricks with rope then it was their turn they tied me to a tree and then to my chair you pay hundreds of pounds at Toys r us and they play quite happily with a piece of old rope, I am considering going for a job at Early Learning my policy is let kids be kids (and ban all game boys and x boxes or what ever you call them.

Our Keith and Carol came for two nights Keith needed some fishing therapy after his turn on the operating table. I believe we caught every fish in the marina two great days.

A quote from Buggerlugs

To The World You Might Be One Person;
But To One Person You Might Be the World



Thomas working a lock with his own ShortWindlass

Go on put some beef into it

Time out

Before I am reported to the child welfare
Thomas is supervised by two adults at all times !!!!!!!!!!


1 comment:

DOWNUNDA said...

Cheer's Alan,

Great to see you're back on the blog with words as well as pictures but have to say the pics of Thomas gave the most delight!

Love to all

X M X

DOWNUNDA XX