Monday 15 August 2011

Back on the Tiller

Boaters Blogg

I know this will not impress a lot of people, but today I had my first turn on the tiller since that fateful day 21st May When I decided to inspect my hull whilst passing it while falling into the dry dock.

The reason for this most epic of voyage’s all of 45 minutes was, I took Buggerlugs over for a pump out. On our new mooring we are sandwiched between two wide beam Eco Butties that allow me about 2ft space aft and stern so there is a lot of stern and bow movements to extradite me into clear water and then I have two complete 360ยบ turns all these were completed without contact with any other craft. I was so relieved to complete these manoeuvres and to find that after such a long lay off that I still could??

As I said not very exciting but after the traumatic injuries; to me it was one of the best feelings, for those who can remember it was like passing your driving test.

PS
Eco Butty

A Eco Butty is a 60ft wide beam engineless  house boat there are three on the marian fitted out to a  very high standard, moored alongside there own private garden

3 comments:

Brian and Diana on NB Harnser said...

Great, well done

life afloat on nb tickety boo said...

Impressed? Hell Yes!!

Debbie.

piphodg said...

Well done our kid, just goes to show once a skipper always a skipper.
piphodg.