Tuesday 26 April 2011

Easter Weekend

What a lovely weekend we have had, Friday I had a good day with the shop, the shelving I made to fit on the side of the boat work a treat giving the customers enough space to view without falling in, it also means that I do not have to anything on the footpath. I have had to go back to pound land to buy more hurricane lamps as I have sold all but one of the original ones the problem is you never know what is going to be a good seller and what you are going to be left with. Saturday we had Tom, Shirley, her granddaughter Grace and graces mum and dad which obviously made the boat a little full But in the afternoon our old friends Val and Mike came sailing past on Perfect day they pulled in and we had a great afternoon doing catch up. Mike and Val are a great couple and always have amusing stories of canal folk. We had to abandon them about 6pm as we were off to the Easter vigil we assumed that we would be back about 9pm however on our return we gave them a knock about 10.10pm we continued were we left off until the early hours. It was great to see them again but they pulled out at 08.30 this morning with an ample supply of Noreen’s Oat Cakes.


Today we were invited up to Mats he was providing the family Easter lunch and may I say what a fantastic meal it was, he must get it from me a better meal you could not have had if you had gone out and paid a lot of money very professional from the cooking to the presentation I am not saying that because he is one of mine as most of you will know praise of any kind from me is hard to get. Though I believe both Matthew and Maryanne are good cooks and it all come from the enjoyment they get from cooking. As we are like many families these days and geographically spread out it is really nice to all get together for a meal So here I must make a great thank you to Mat and Lorraine for providing such a fantastic day

Happy Easter to everyone

1 comment:

matthew said...

praise is hard to get, so i will milk it while i can
it was great to do it and knowing it was enjoyed makes it worth while x