Wednesday 27 April 2011

Passing through Lymn








Its funny how you wake up some mornings and you know its going to be one of those days?
We left our mooring at sparrow fart this morning pushing on through Sale, Altringham, and Dunham and pushing on to Lymn now by some strange impulse I managed to arrive in Lymn just as one of the best chippies on the system was opening (what Luck) we found a mooring and had a lovely pie chips and peas for lunch. leaving Lymn I was hailed by another boater wanting to borrow a adjustable spanner I naturally pulled in more out of curiosity than anything else have spoken to the guy and looked at the job it was soon decided that it would require far more than a adjustable his shear pin had snapped and left him with no drive anyhow I shall not bore you with the details but nearly two hours later we managed to get him on his way having stripped the final drive made a shear pin fitted it reassembled everything and got him on his way.
Now unfortunately as you all know my recollection of names is useless (Ask Carrol) so it will come as no surprise that I have no idea what he or his young pal were called I have even forgot the name of the boat But! he does have my blog address so we may hear from him.
Tomorrow we are having Silvia, Marjorie, Alan and Geof over for a  curry night I think we may call it a Will and Catherine stag/ hen do well some one has to celebrate it.

Be Good God Bless

Big Al





That says "Do you know what you are doing"
In my element in the engine bay

4 comments:

piphodg said...

Nice picture of the pair of you in the engine bay our kid, did this bloke know your profession was a !CHEF ! only kiddin pal nice to see you got him back on the road , sorry! i mean canal hope to see you soon by the way carole's made them covers one for the bed and one for the porthole.
see ya (pip)

Maryanne said...

I am guessing that he also left with either flapjacks and or ginger biscuits!

Alan said...

Maryanne you are wrong it was Shortbread for emergencies in case they broke down again????

matthew said...

the blind leading the blind