Saturday 6 August 2022

 Hi 

Most of the Locks in the north west are still closed well closed as fat as we are concerned they open 2 days a week from 10am to 4 pm Now the majority of boats waiting in the queue are from the south and  trying to return home so we have left them to it CRT could not run a raffle I would not let them look after my garden pond. Yesterday I was contacted by the BBC asking if I would like to join a debate on radio 4 about the lack of water in the canal the other guest would be Richard Parry head of CRT now you may not know but since my head injury when I get nervous I stutter I did as a young lad but the bump I had has started it off again so I declined instead they got a hire boat /marina owner from Skipton and he said all the things I wanted to say. That being CRT are useless at looking after waterways. I now regret saying no I should have just gone for it.

Noreen and I have just had a nice weeks R&R as we are still moored in Scarisbrick Marina I have had a good weeks fishing and Noreen has read about 4 books. However tomorrow the grand Children arrive and we embark on another trip into Liverpool (thats the only route open to us ) and that is only a three day cruise. We arrive in Liverpool on Weds and it will be full on from day one But we are so excited about having them on board it should be a load of fun the most demanding aspect is H&S its in the front of your mind 24 /7 However to have them here is well worth the stress 

Today the Marina is very busy with this morning a cycle ride formed up and then a model boat club arrived (Boys with there Toys ) some very nice looking model boats there not just a model boat with and engine these are works of art I have a 3ft Narrow Boat hanging in my shed just needs the interior finishing off  I just don't seem to get the time I will try again in the winter .

We are looking at getting back to our home mooring the weekend of the 20/21 Aug 

Keep smiling Stay Safe 

God Bless 

 

Boys and their Toys



No comments: