Tuesday 4 June 2019

training sessions

Hi Everyone

Well other than my fishing of which I will not bore you things have hit a clam plane and this week we are just very slowly getting ready for the trip up north I can now confirm it is Friday My sister in law has organised everything "she speaks the lingo" so I just keep nodding my head , actually thats unfair Mary and Roger have been before though that was 15 years ago but they seem to know the best camp sites places to visit and so on Its always best to have some  local knowledge "local in this case is 5 hours flying away " though in Ausi terms that can be classed as local.
As this trip is going to include a lot of Bush walking Noreen has decided I need to get in training (as if living with Noreen isnt enough training to keep one in tip top condition which you all know I AM
We have been traveling  about quite a bit to the places that we know can be challenging on the feet,back and head such as Shopping Malls and Markets they just kill my feet especially over here where they all have marble floors. However once those had been conquered and I could do two hrs without complaint we moved onto the serious stuff like Burliegh Head land and Spring brook falls
Burliegh Head land is just what it says it a head land that juts out into the sea separating two bays and is about 600 ft the second half being made up of rain forest. Spring brook is 60m inland and seems to be where a glacier was once formed and when it melted in left behind a huge hole in the shape of a ally which at its head is a 250ft waterfall .
Must tell you about my fishing exploits this morning.Today Roger had another job on so I again ventured out on my own Now before I left Roger did give the thumbs up but also informed me that there was a wind warning out for our coast line. I said dont worry Roge I am experienced with boats and wind ??????  What he omitted to tell me was the the wind was coming from the south (south bloody pole) and the tide, though I went out on a high tide was a very slow one anyway with a freezing wind in my face an OFF shore gale and a low flowing tide life out on the water was bloody awful our little tinny was like a cork in a bottle tossed about like a piece of flotsam I couldn't keep my bail on the bottom and after 3 hours of bloody hard work I noticed I was the only daft bugger left on the water fishing . with my constant concentration of watching for tide, wind and rocks I hadn't really noticed all the other boats out fishing had already ran for cover. I headed for the lee of the land where I hoped to find shelter from the icy wind which I did but in shore it is very shallow and I was now on an ebbing tide.. Solution throttle back open her up bow out of the water and pray that I reached the safety of the canal and home before it started to snow ( well I had had every other weather weather condition so it might as well snow. HOWEVER I did catch three fish hooray.

Ok folks keep the reply's coming

GB everyone
Buggerlugs

 Burliegh Head towards the sea

 Half way look out and a breather


Very popular with the surfers hence this very imaginative bench 

also popular with the keep fit brigade everyone is at it 


that climb behind doesn't look much but it is 

Noreen with no compass bearing 

pretty dense as we reach the summit and then its harder still going down 



No comments: