Saturday 1 June 2019

MORE OF THE TRASH

HI FOLKS

Would you believe its three weeks today that we arrived Time is flying past so quickly. I believe that its next Thurs we all fly up to Darwin for our camping trip into the Northern Territories.  I say camping its what people of our age and 70 years experience of Camping call camping So to that end we have ditched the tents and now have a 6 birth camper van which will do for us, at least now camping at night no one will be needed to stand guard for the crocks?
This week has been what most people would call hectic however Noreen and I just seem to roll with it, we seem to have developed a routine of Fishing starts at 06.30 depending on the tide its been ok this week I have been able to reach the Ebbing tide which has produced a few fish mostly its Roger and I but on a few occasion; now that I have a knowledge of the water I have been allowed out on my own. on our return about 4/5 hours later its morning coffee then its showered and out for a cruise in Mary's car seeing some of the local sights and being a typical tourist (one has to do what one can for the out of season shops and cafes. Today being a Saturday Rodger took us for a very nice tour of the extensive Broad Water by boat up to the top end of Stradbrook which is an Island that separates the Broad water from the Southern Pacific  and south China Sea very interesting to be able to see how these coastal areas have been and are continuing to be developed.
So life hear in Aus is continuing at a fare old pace. its a weekend off this weekend as tomorrow is Rogers birthday Party all the family are coming over so Noreen and I are looking forward to seeing all our great Nephews and Nieces it will probably be a riotous occasion where I get thrown in the pool (which for some reason unknown to me Kids seem to enjoy??) then its getting ready for the trip up North I have been warned that I cannot take any fishing gear as this is going to be a NO FISHING trip It has been pointed out to me that I have pushed my luck far enough with my nine lives  and as Noreen pointed out God has thrown me back twice. For some reason Crocodiles seem to be attracted to anglers and as my running skills are some what in abeyance in fact none existent I have therefore reluctantly agreed to leave my Rods where they can cause no harm. so when Noreen awakes in the morning and finds an empty space she will know I have not gone off with Crocodile Dundee I am only making her breakfast ?
That is basically it I will leave some picks to tell the rest
God bless to you all
And again if you read this please comment its makes all this one finger typing worth it
Buggerlugs Downunder
Noreen and Mary rounding up some of the Locals
This is a Shovel Nosed Ray or Shark and make very good eating 
this was one of my solo sorties out in the bay

View fro my lounger whilst enjoying Breakfast

An Island resort on Stradbrook Island remember not many people about this is the off season  

Two Ladies of Leisure awaiting to be transported home

Weekends the water is packed with every variety of Craft from the humble ubiquitous fishing tinny to the Ocean going yachts and cruisers people Kite Surfing, kayaking, para sailing jet skiing and of course fishing the water is veritable playground for people of every age everyone wants to just enjoy it and it does seem to work even those stupid H.A,S rules which in most cases just restrict enjoyment seem to be very much more relaxed and place the responsibility and the onus on you the percipient.
   

This Boat was apparently used to film part of the Pirates of the Caribbean I was not allowed to take it for a trip around the bay 


This is a nautical map of where we actually are and of the broad water I go fishing  

This is a map of the canal system where we are the arrow marks the actual House 


Put her into the wind Noreen !!!!!!!


God Bless





2 comments:

KevinTOO said...

Are all of the waterways shown on the maps navigable?

Alan said...

Hi Kev

yes I have been down most just for a nosy. Some are the original creeks but the rest are a definite waterway most of it has housing along it though as you can imagine these houses are not cheap or social housing (the one we are in is just over the £ 1 mil. the system is used to store their boats at the end of their own personal floating jetties very up market, but most of the guys around here have a little tinny to go fishing in.
It makes for a very different type of "canal folk" Off to the north on Friday maybe see a few crocks
Good boating mate
Buggerlugs