Sunday 19 May 2019

First two days



Hi Everyone
Well we have arrived more by good luck than good management as I predicted there was not enough time to disembark in Sydney collect baggage, pass through Passport control, security  then change.
from international to Domestic airport all in 90 mins. we missed our connection to Brisbane, and managed to get the next flight which was only an hour to wait. Other than that the trip was relatively  smooth all except the turbulence, from Manchester to Abu Dhabi it was like riding a roller coaster, at times  I thought we were going to fall apart. However we made it and your ticket only gets you to your destination it never promises it will be done in comfort  but the flight from Abu Dhabi to Sydney was almost empty at least 150 spare seats we just stretched out in the spare seats it was most relaxing
We arrived in Brisbane to a fan fare of welcomes; but were knackered but after a few hours we were up and at them and went to the Big Blues Festival at Broad Beach I like Glastonbury without the mud and rain which is replaced by Sun and sand well most of it takes over the of Broadbeach town centre difficult to explain like most music festivals "you have to be there " My nephew Mark who is another wonderful Musician is now a festival organiser and has done a great job with this one, look it up on google, We went again last night to see the finale my favorite blues band "Canned Heat " were heading  why is it that guys and gals of my era can still play and entertain with such passion and freedom truly remarkable. I know that all music should be experienced life but when you see these guys some who have been doing now over 50 years it makes me realise why I love my music. I have a little note printed on my guitar that reads "I dont understand music but I love the sound it makes. " I cannot read music Maryanne has tried to teach me now, Thomas is attempting to teach me all without success. However  I still manage to make an acceptable sound ? and as I am not writing music or conducting I have never found it a disadvantage
So thats the week end over today has dawn wet we had a bit of a storm in the night and its still raining however its only 06,10  so there is time for it to clear up. This morning Roger and I are sorting out the boat and fishing gear ready for a few trips out trying to empty the oceans of its fish stocks don't worry all you environmentalists we only take what we can eat the rest go back .
Then this afternoon I have to go shopping as I omitted to pack my Toilet bag luckily I don't need mu to to keep my appearances up to a very high standard so the cost will be kept down to a very bear minimum ????
So Folks thats it for the first two days of our 72 day stay down under
Stay tuned in
God Bless
Buggerlugs

Well you have o start somewhere
great big Blues bands


and those who just love music




The place 
The  Place 

US


1 comment:

Yvonne.o'leary said...

You both look amazing. I loved Brisbane x have fun and keep safe xx