Friday 19 May 2017

LAST LEG TO LEEDS

Having spent five days in Skipton three on my own Noreen went over to Wales to stay with Maryanne as she was on her own, anyway I was getting quite stir crazy. I did get some fishing done and caught up with some painting I even managed to sell a few pieces, John also went back as he a Doctors appointment but unfortunately the outcome wasn't conclusive and has to go back again next week. As we are daily putting more distance  between ourselves and appointments, John decided to do a quick return sort out his appointments and catch us up later.
Yesterday the Domestic battery indicator light came on indicating that something was wrong I also lost a great deal of power from the bank of leisure Batteries. We got through the night by turning all the 240v off and just using the 12v lights, water pumps and  Toilet. So this morning I called in to a boat yard that was so far in the past I thought the owner would come out with a wooden leg and a Parrot on his shoulder, He didn't he was a very helpful young man, having spent 30mins exposing the engine it was decided that all three alternators were functioning correctly and the batteries were holding a charge No decision was made to the reason why the warning light had come on??
So we continued with the journey doing the Bingley five rise, the Bingley three rise and another four locks and seven Swing bridges, except for the two hour wait to go down the Bingley five everything went well Moored up for the night in Shipley the warning light is still on but no other problems I sure I can sort it out, eventually
Stopping at Rodley tomorrow and catching up with Les and Linda who are friends from Fettlers and Scarisbrick Les was a mechanic on the Marina and Linda worked with Noreen I am very interested on the Wide Beam he is in the middle of fitting out (maybe he knows what's wrong with the warning light????)
We will be relieved to get into Leeds as that will end the monotonous regularity of the swing bridges we seem to be stopping ever ten minutes for another one. Talking of the hard work. I have been talking to a number of Hire Boaters who had seen a few TV boating programmes and thought how lovely it all looked and were shocked at just how much worked was involved one couple had hired for two weeks and were returning the boat after the first week as the lady could just not manage she said "I am just not fit enough its actually dangerous for me" She wondered how Prunela Scales did it
I said we all know that they have a crew of twenty doing it for them. I believe that the progamme makers have a lot to answer for. I do however like the Boating on TV it depicts the better side the quiet peaceful life a holiday without any rush BUT they should also show it in its fullness and it is not for the faint hearted

Be Good
God Bless
BUGGERLUGS
One of Lock Gates of the Bingley five rise I took that from the boat
the gate stands about 30ft above me

The Blue Bells in the foreground gave the woods a very beautiful
Glow

The Early sun breaking though and dappling the water

What

No comments: