Saturday 29 April 2017

THE LEAVING OF LlIVERPOOL

Hi

Yes yesterday morning we left the Pool after spending another packed week in Liverpool, We packed as much as we could into the week and had plenty of visitors which is always great I sometimes wonder if they come for us or just Noreen's Biscuits which ever its always great to them.
I have said it before but anyone with a boat should take a visit come on its free seven days free mooring with hook up (electric or as they say her "lecky" and there is so much to do and see what ever you want Liverpool has it having said all that I am Mancunian born and Bread and I really shouldn't be singing their praises But say it as you see it that's me.
Leaving yesterday at sparrow fart 07.30 as the CRT lads put you through the first lock at Mann Island at 08.00 it was damp, dismal, and bloody cold with no prospect of getting better. The trip out was very much uneventful However we did pass 9 boats on their way in I presume it was the Mersey Boat Club weekend/ bank holiday get together. Salthouse was very quiet when we arrived we only had four boats in the dock until Thursday when they started to arrive for the bank holiday.
We made the Ship inn in one day sail it took seven hours but it really is a lovely run I always wonder at the names of Kirby, Bootle, Magul thoughts come into your mind of very urban type settings but no it is some of the best country side in the UK and there is so much open space in these towns it is truly amazing Leaving the Ship this morning we headed for Burscough which took three hours only because of a fishing match Now I love my fishing But if I ever get that bloody miserable then shoot me what a load of miserable buggers they were I ask the first one what was the best side to go on? near bank far bank, I had that many complaints I said sod the lot of you and stuck the the general rule of the canal and went right down the middle, mind yo a wide beam that came towards didn't do much for angler/ Boater relations by getting that close to the bank he took out three keepnets  that to me was just very bad boat handling and he didn't even apologise. Cyclists. Anglers and Boaters we all use the cut and must find some way of sharing it. I know that trying to appease everyone isn't easy but the alternative isn't worth thinking about.
We are now in Burscough over the weekend we shall be doing so visiting, checking our mooring and so on hope to see all the kids over the bank holiday then its back to cruising  starting with the Wigan Flight about thurs.
Got mail today with the welcome return of my driving licence I had to get a new one as I'm 70 in July I thought I would get another ten year but I only got a three year one I wonder if know something I don't ?????

Speak Soon

God Bless
Buggerlugs

As I said dismal and damp but passing tall ships like that is still exciting

Crossing Albert Dock

Every type of boat is in there

The Liver birds in at  day break

You could get lost in here

Last stretch  lovingly known as SIDs DITCH  leading to Stanley Dock and the locks leading to the canal


No comments: