Friday 11 March 2016

Thursday 11th 

Well what a wasted day we have been sat around all day as the Wigan flight was closed until 16.00 and as it normally takes 3 hours We decided to start first thing tomorrow. However this canal life takes some turns Today we have come across lots of people that we have known along the canal and known in past jobs or  in my case Mike who has been waiting to go up the flight for 6 days he has his 75 year old mother with him so he is singe handed and was very relieved when we said tag along with us talking to him I found out he was ex job served in the marines and new me when I was at the jungle training school in Belize. I can never understand what a small world this is we meet all these people but I never meet the ones who owe me money????? Today was one of those days when everyone wanted to stop and talk which is great when you have nothing else to do we have met some lovely people today boaters and none boaters.
Tomorrow as I  said we are starting at sparrow fart and not stopping until we get to Johnson's Hillock 16 miles and 28 locks possibley  the heaviest day of the trip (planned) as you have noted anything can happen on the cut . We have been told that as tomorrow is the first day of the locks being open and we are the first boats up there are lots of volunteer lock-keepers on duty so we are hoping for a great run.
watch this space
God Bless
Buggerlugs  

No comments: