Monday 5 October 2015

Bank Holiday Weekend




Well here in Aus its been a bank holiday weekend, something about "Labour Day" anyway this meant we have been confined to barracks only venturing out when necessary as here just as in Britain its chaos out there, The Gold Coast is like Cornwall to us back home this is where everyone comes to get the first of the sun and Surf, of the new season, I have no idea why because its not been below 26 since we arrived. Not only is it a bank holiday, all the schools are off for two weeks, So I have not even been out in the tinny fishing as the waterways are so so busy , to cast in you would be fishing in the next guys boat, and with water skiing , Boarding, Para surfing and every other conceivable type of water sport going on it really was not worth the petrol. Noreen and I did get out on thursday to Byron Bay down in New South Wales great day its a really fun place to go it has the oddest people in Australia and thats saying a lot, friday we took Noreens great niece fishing she is nine and we managed to catch her first fish I was more excited than she was.  This great holiday event coincides with some great sport, yesterday was the Ausie football rules Final (a sport I now understand and can watch and criticise???) and today is the Ausie Rugby League Final PLUS England v Australia world cup Oh Why Oh Why did I have to be here for that debacle what very bad planning that was, I have just had to remind everyone here who won the ashes this year, but even reflecting on that great achievement has not softened the  pure grieve of the disappointing  score line, still its only a game and there will be many more, That score line however now means I find myself  beginning to become a Welsh supporter.
Prior to the game I had asked everyone in the UK not to text the score or intimate the outcome as we were recording it (I am mad on my Rugby but watching at 04.00 was not on) BUT ! As we were leaving church this morning, what did the Priest do but congratulate Australia on a fantastic win. What a bloody idiot. Priest or no Priest I did tell him the church should not get involved with either sport or politics.
We are now busy getting ready for the next leg of this trip we sail for Papua New Guinee on Wednesday, having never been on a cruise before (except on our own boat) other than the  60hr cruise on the QE2 from Hamburg to Southampton which was nice but it was two short a journey to experience a Cruise ) I am a little apprehensive but to think we will not have to do a single thing for 10 days no cooking, washing up, making beds, cleaning they even clean your bloody shoes, we get to visit some exotic places we have never seen before. pleny of pics comming from there I hope.
As the bank holiday finnishes tomorrow Tue and we sail on Wed I intend to get my last days fishing in first light in the morning when we get back from the cruise we will be sorting out ready to return home, so I will not have any time for fishing ???
Love to everyone
Buggerlugs DownUnder

This is a quiet beach????

Piper with her first fish


No comments: