Friday 8 May 2015

Manchester Farewell

Hi Everyon
Yesterday was the funeral that we had gone it to Manchester to attend Noreens brother Bob Norma and Martin picked us up and on the whole it was a good day and a very fitting way to say goodbye to a very dear old friend
So that’s it we left Manchester this morning, We are not sorry to leave though we had a great time plenty of visitors lots to do near the shops its got everything going for it, the only thing that is against it is the boaters who now live there, Boats with wood piled high on the roof billowing out toxic smoke, engines running until late my stern neighbour though I only saw him once had a generator running until midnight. Don’t get me wrong I live on a boat but I hope I do it with courtesy, consideration and with the law. The so called boaters in Castlefield are now blocking the moorings by only leaving  20ft between their boats thereby restricting the amount of real mooring space for real boaters. I do believe that there is a clique of these boaters making it difficult for the rest of us. Though I suggest that if visiting Manchester you do as I did ask them to reduce the space between boats and if they refuse phone CRT and Peel holding. These boaters may attempt to make it difficult but we had a great time, I am a past master at ignoring morons. Today we are moored up in Leigh awaiting Andy and Sue who will be joining us for “light refreshments” later on.  It would appear that whilst in Castlefields we had 30 visitors and two visitors we could not fit it as time had run out. We will catch up with them next time around.
Tomorrow we set out early to the Wigan flight 21 locks I would imagine that’s tomorrow will be a long day, Steph and Phil are expected to be at bottom lock waiting for us, they will be taking there own boat Blossom up the flight in the summer and wanted to find out what awaits them, I find all locks flights the same the easiest way is not to rush find a rhythm that suits you and stay with it, I hate being rushed and will not be rushed my opinion is if you want to get there faster then go by car.
Then with a little bit of luck we should be in Riley green some time Sunday if not then early Monday.

Manchester moorings by night

Moorings by Day
Approaching Barton swing Bridge

Looking down from the Bridgwater canal onto the Manchester Ship Canal
and across to Barton Road swing Bridge  



No comments: