Tuesday 28 April 2015

Back to our comfort zone

Hi
Thats it Liverpool has been left behind. Back to familiar ground, Westayed one night at Scarisbrick where we had the company of our Kieth and Carol for the day, which was a very happy surprise, I managed to get the little paint job that I had promised to do and returned a paint job I had taken with me so I am now a free man with no outstanding  jobs. Heading now for Manchester unfortunately we have a funeral to attend next week so Manchester is quite convenient for us especially as its a bank holiday weekend and we can guarantee loads of visitors. Lets hope we can find a mooring. passing through Plank lane today there were 7 permanently  moored boats where once there was none all moored on the waiting moorings for the lift bridge I have a strong feeling that Castlefield will be the same, as more people are living on the canal moorings are becoming to be in very short supply However why do people not use Marina's or permanent moorings. I know they are expensive but this just dossing about will eventually be the down fall of our accepted life style.
Enough each to their own. Sorry about the rant.
We are hoping for better weather tomorrow because yesterday and today has been diabolical from here it can only get better. Last night whilst moored at Crook I saw a deer come down to the canal for a drink But as always with these things I was to late with the camera
The Disused Lock at Dean Lock


Bronze statue at Wigan

Be careful coming out of the last lock from Wigan

How many more running lines will this takes. I recon it has had 150 years of wear

1 comment:

julie said...

hi uncle alan
always look forward to reading ur blogs and it makes me smile lollove juliexx