Sunday 13 April 2014

Spring has Arrived (I think)

Hi all
Well I do believe that spring has arrived, As you can see Buggerlugs has had a face lift even though I say so for myself she is looking OK and ready to go back in the water tomorrow. I will be glad to be back in the water where she belongs, being static on a boat is a strange strange feeling gales force winds and no rocking, I have found sleeping not too easy.
As we are not far from Matin Mere Bird Sanctuary the bird life is extraordinary whilst doing the blacking I was privileged to watch a display of a pair of Pewits ( Lapwings) courting the acrobatics and calling was just spell binding, this afternoon we saw our first ducklings, a duck came walking past the boat with a brood of 13 ducklings I assume she was giving them a guided tour of their new home. At the back of us we have a full field of Rapeseed in full bloom and standing quite tall everything seems to be three or four weeks early lets just hope its lasts for Easter.
Yesterday Noreen and I were called upon to take a 54ft from Rufford to Scarisbrick its not a great distance prob 14 miles in total but the journey contains 7 of the most awful locks in the country plus the wind strength was awful we passed a couple of boats actually stuck on the mooring, the wind was so strong that they could not get the boats off,  the boat was a semi trad but no one had informed us that the engine cover was rotten; you have it I fell through cracking my leg and elbow, the only fortunate thing was I still had hold of the tiller arm and kept a good course.  We eventually made Scarisbrick where I was so relieved to tie her up.
Easter next week we are not sure whats happening here but I know we have plenty of visitors lined up.
as always it will be busy.
God Bless
Big Al
Buggerlugs

View from our window looking down the Marina 

Buggerlugs ready to be returned to the water 
All blacking completed

Don't they look odd out of the water  


No comments: