Saturday 4 May 2013


Hi Everyone

That long awaited day has arrived because tomorrow morning we are off. Come hell or high water (though the weather looks good) I never bother about the weather as far as I am concerned the weather is like life you play the cards you are dealt what ever will be will be
The Breach at Preston Brook has been repaired has been repaired, so that means we will not have to face going through Manchester and up the Rochdale 9 I was dreading those locks???? Then it’s a nice long leisurely cruise to Cambridge. I know we have had some nice weather in the past few weeks and the forecast is good until the end of June, my only fear is that by the time we get to Peterborough to cross country through the middle levels we will be in a drought with hose pipe bans and low water
I will be checking with the water authorities before purchasing my short term licence I am not parting with £290 to get grounded if the worst happens I will go up the river and cross the  wash ????????
Everyone has now booked there hols with our floating hotel and it looks as though we will be getting time to ourselves and plenty of fishing time. This time we are going out legal as Buggerlugs is now legally a trading boat with my painting and Noreen’s
Biscuits we are hoping for a bumper year


Here we are ALL jobs now done I even had time to renew all the fender ropes with ropes that I platted,  and headed with Turks heads they now look the business, as well as painting, blacking, engine serviced, new stern button and as you know a thousand other little jobs but we are ready to face the riggers of 6 months cruising ??

Keep an Eye on the blogg I will try and post every other day

See Yah

Big Al

No comments: