Sunday 6 May 2012

Arrived on the River Weaver

Hi

Let me first apologise for the lack of communication over the past week, connection to the net has been difficult, Those who have missed my blog (can’t be many) can thank Danny for giving me a reprimand today for not publishing last week.

Everything is still going well and I am still in one piece just, We are now in Northwich on the River Weaver even though its a Bank Holiday weekend its very quiet and plenty of moorings.

We sailed down from Manchester leaving last Monday we moored at Dunham Masey for a day We had a very pleasent day walking around the ground and house we even joined the National Trust, though I still have a problem of joining something that I am already a part owner of. As I am a UK National, then it goes to say I with every other national part own the National Trust I do hope you are following this ?????

Weds we were in Lymm By the way Lymm now has its own fishing tackle shop very useful to know. Noreen managed to get a bus back to Altrincham and then tram to Stretford to see her dad I was left to complete some running repairs. And a bit of fishing

Whilst we were in Lymm Kath decided that she should be allowed to fish along with John and I so we set her up with all the gear the attached pick shows how relaxed we are as kath enjoys fishing in her slippers but as she has us running around putting Maggots on and taking fish off, she has no need for foot wear?????

Thursday we moored in Anderton and booked a trip down the lift to the River Weaver

I really enjoy the lift one of the wonders of the water world I always fascinated with the engineering of the whole thing.

Last night we had Silvia, Marjorie, Geoff and Alan onboard for a few drinks and a great night we had tonight we are aboard Orion with Kat and John its all go this boating????

Today Noreen has gone over to visit her dad again but the bus was running 15 min late due to the carnival I just hope she makes visiting time, I’m sure she will

The weather is staying on the fair side and we are managing to stay dry.

Last night or I should say this morning 04.30 we had seagulls land on the roof I thought someone was trying to break in,as Noreen would not get up and have a look it was left to me again I tell you we had at least six of the buggers tap dancing on Buggerlugs roof

The other problem mooring here is that all this water and I can’t fish because the Weaver is still in closed season until the 16 June very frustrating

Sunday we awoke to a very sunny morning though the weather forecast does not look good, we were over on Orion last night for a few drinkies (bugerall else to do on boats is there???) anyway whilst drinking the port and toasting her Majesty we decided that on Sunday morning as we could not get anywhere for mass we would hold our own service. for this we decided that Weatherspoons would be the best place as they were doing a full English at £2.99 so as the lord said, Matthew 18:20 For where two or more gather in my name there I am among them. So we had a fantastic breakfast and thanked the lord for all his blessings. The rest of the day has been taken up just mucking about and trying to repair this broken zip on the cratch cover, Whilst shopping Kath found some bendy wired frogs which she thought might serve the purpose to cut a very long storey short after countless committee meetings we came up with a plan. But they do say a Camel is a horse invented by a committee. I hope to have attached a photo of the final design / solution.

Monday we set off going through Middlewich then taking the Shropshire branch towards the Llangollen.

Speak to you all soon

Big Al

Kath with her new design in fishing footwear

I was hoping that the space pod would close and take off! But it didnt

Noreen on the till River Weaver


Overtaking  Orion on the weaver

When ever I look round this woman is looking at me


 

 

Speak to you all soon

Big Al



 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're having a great time,

Thanks Noreen for all your efforts with Dad

Fingers crossed on the weather!

X Downunda X