Saturday 17 December 2011

Season Greatings

Hi Everyone

Its that time of year when I wish everyone a
 Merry Xmas and a Happy new year


In the past week I have bumped into some old  friends. Monday I was at a IWA meeting I went to a talk on the river Weaver by Colin Edmondson if you ever get a chance to hear him talk about the Weaver go along he was so enthusiastic it was great  There I met Jim & Helen NB Val Jim and Helen assisted Noreen after I took my ride in the air Ambulance. It was great to catch up and even make plans for next season. Tues I met and old comrade who I haven't seen since we were on Duty in Kenya.  Bob and Norma stayed overnight on a flying visit between Canada and Northern Irland. That was a great night we had an awful lot to catch up on.. Thur was dinner with Kath, Di John and John that's about it 
Its been a great week for catching up
The year has been a strange on I hope that 2012 will lead us to calmer waters and pleasant cruising. 2011 has taught me a lot about myself and my friends and Family who have supported me through what has been a very interesting few months. I still cannot believe just how fortunate I am to have such wonderful people around me.  Of course all those who I have not mentioned and that is all of you who read my ramblings who also also have given me great comfort I thank you all. Christmas is a time to enjoy your Family and Friends I for one will certainly enjoy all mine.
The marina has given up the fight with the ever  increasing winter and has now a thin film of decorative Ice looking at my weather forecast by Thurs it should be all gone. But I have said it before I never worry about anything I cannot change.

I now intend to have a great Christmas and enjoy something 6 months ago I thought I would never see again
God Bless
Big Al



2 comments:

ditchcrawler said...

That was such a great posting, I do hope you really enjoy the Christmas you didn't expect to have and I really look forward to reading about the trips you do next year
Brian on Harnser

KevinTOO said...

Hi Al and Family,
Have a great Christmas, goodness knows you desrve this one!
All the best for 2012 too.
Kevin