Tuesday 12 July 2011

A very quiet place

I am really struggling for something to report. Her at Rakehead rehab life has a very sedate pace , nursing care here is centred on getting patients ready to be independent . Bothe physically and mentally .

As I said things here go at a much slower place, there are a lot of ill people here so I do not intend to make light of the place by making improper jokes I can joke about my own condition but it seems wrong to joke of others illnesses lets face it my episode became a joke from the moment I fell off the safety chain.

Part of my occupational therapy, I was asked to join the cooking club,I was very reluctant to say yes but I was cajoled into accepting , I started by tearing up the recipe and doing my own thing the instructors / therapists moved to one side and allowed me to take over the class we completed the task in record time and now have curry and rice for 12 patients dinner tonight (I hope I am getting paid .???????

Rakehead is great for visitors quite unlike a hospital we have a large day room were we eat and entertain our visitors of which I must say I have plenty . Margaret came yesterday and she said something that stopped me in my tracks she said “ most people have to wait until the die to find out how much people held them in regard I have experienced that knowledge in the present tense and I am very humbled by the experience.

Noreen has now got the boat to the bottom of thw Wolverhampton flight and is taking that on first thing in the morning so she is making good time and on schedule. If you pass her or she passes you give her a wave she is doing a great job.

As things progress I will get back to more interesting and humours blog please stay with me normal service will resumed soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It does sound like they should be paying you, keep up the good work. I bet it's not too long before they decided you are OK to go home, so you can rock your own boat and not theirs.

Vicky said...

Hey Al - I knew you'd have the kitchen staff organised in no time at all.Yum Yum your curry is the best, there in for a real treat.Elliot and I were beaming with joy following our visit on Saturday. For those that didnt know what had been happening to you over the past 7weeks, would certainly think you had been on holiday. You look truly amazing, and you can get your knees higher than I've ever been able to! Were bobbing over see you this evening. Until then love you heaps xx

downunda said...

Good to hear from you Alan,

Sounds like you'll be checking out
'when the boat come in' Keep up the good work.

Love to Noreen, so proud of you girl.
Keep that crew in hand, don't bake them too many biscuits but remember the tot of rum each day.

From the Family in OZ xx xxx xxx