Sunday 17 July 2011

birthday

Happy Birthday Big

I awoke this morning looked up and said a big thank you I have made it to another birthday this year one that I did not thick I would make. As a treat I read all your comments on the blogg they are so inspiring to me you lot are the driving force of my recovery . I then started to think of what my life has consisted of so far. And the jobs I have done . I have been a news paper seller, a plant Operator, a bridge builder, a firewood chopper and seller, a House remover, Tarmac layer, and poacher,. I have climbed mount Kenya, tramped the jungles of south America and Borneo/Malaya. Crossed the desserts of the Persian Gulf and Arabia, I have been a chef catering manager, general dogs body and now to that list I can add Boat blacking inspector. I forgot about being a soldier I can not divulge much about that as I signed the official secrets act ?????
I have had a great day Mat collected me this morning I managed to get a day pass. we had a great day a lovely lunch and a smashing chilli tea Maryanne arrived and everything was set for a real family day. 
The above all blend into insignificance against the reality of life the best and most important things I have done and been is a father , husband and friend these hold the best memories and achievements for me the rest sound exciting and romantic but the real test of how you have conducted your life is the family and friends that still enjoy your company .

64 years I have survived (only just) with the friends and family I have, I cannot see why I should not be able to annoy you all for a great deal longer. So beware I am continuing the blog even if it is a bit monotonous at the moment . I apologise for the content at the moment but this accident has made me think outside the box and brought a lot of issues to the fore.

Just as a foot note Noreen is going like a fly boat she set off last Monday afternoon from Kings Norton came up through Birmingham, Wolverhampton Audlem and today 6days on she will be in Lyme what a skipper I pity the crew they must be knackered she also says she will be in Rufford by Tues night don’t flag her down she is stopping for no one ????????????

Big Al

8 comments:

Nb Yarwood said...

Don't apologise about the blog content Alan - a bit of introspection does us all good! Keep up the recovery..
Lesley

Andrea Cody said...

Happy birthday & happy traveling on the recovery road! Best wishes from The Codys xx

julie hodge said...

happy birthday uncle alan and glad to hear you are on the road to recovery.best wishes for your speedy recovery
look foward to your next blog
love juliexx

KevinTOO said...

Happy Birthday Big Al :) Certainly one well worth celebrating this year given your recent accident. So glad to hear that you managed to 'escape' for a celebratory bash with your friends and family, I'm sure it will have done ALL of you a power of good. Cheers Al, here's to this year and to many more to come.
Kevin

Vicky said...

Hi Uncle Al, we had a lovely Birthday Tea with you, it was one to rememeber. Thanks to the chef the Chilli was yummi. See you soon. Love The Walkdens

life afloat on nb tickety boo said...

Happy Birthday Al, I echo Caxtons comment your blog is far from monotonous, keep up the good work!

Chris & Gerry said...

Hi Al, can we wish you a very Happy Birthday this year albeit 2 days late ! Keep up the swift recovery & the blog of course.
All the best from your housebound friends Chris & Gerry xxx

Mike and Poppy said...

Hi Al,

I think its time to stop counting candles (you must have more than enough to cook the birthday cake with) and start counting blessings.

Someone up above has obviously got some other plans for you. Its good to see that you have not lost any of the blarny.

Take care.

Mick and Mags