Wednesday 27 July 2011

I am Back


I awoke this morning in my lovely warm comfortable bed something that I have not experienced for the past 11 weeks Oh what joy. I lay there listening to the the distinctive shrill of Robins as they bully the Bluetits for every scrap of available food. Looking out of the port hole that is almost level with the bed and gives me a commanding view of the full length of the marina. I can see a few boaters are up early as they have a grey plume rising from the black and polished brass chimneys. So characteristic of a well kept NB (don’t look at mine) the ducks have heard me rise and are paddling like hell to be first at the kitchen hatch where they know they will get a share of my morning toast, All is well in this magical world and it seems I have never been away everything thing seems to be welcoming me back, even Herby my Heron put in an appearance yesterday as if to say hi Al welcome back, This beautiful tranquil back water that I now inhabit will surely speed my recovery how could anyone not appreciate what life has to offer being surrounded by so much of Gods good grace. I am back for one of the nicest seasons of the year autumn when the summer starts to loose its grip, a few months now and I will watch all the birds from Martin mere and the western marshes fly over head making their way to better feeding grounds for the winter. What a sight to see three or more skeins of geese numbering hundreds fly past we are right under the flight path. The noise can be heard for miles

We may have our problems on the cut but the sacrifices of this serene unspoilt way of life are worth the reward .

The Marina have made a grand job of our new garden, Noreen has bought the new garden furniture Mat has done the landscaping so all is ready for me to relax and enjoy the rest of the summer / autumn and hopefully have lots friends around. When I arrived yesterday I was overwhelmed with the garden its the first time I had seen it, many hours are going to be spent relaxing in it

May your God go with you

pics of our new Boat / Mooring Garden



5 comments:

life afloat on nb tickety boo said...

There is no place like home, enjoy!

Debbie.

Anonymous said...

Great to see you back where you belong.
Hope you are up for a visit in the near future
The Barrons

KevinTOO said...

Hi Al,
Your boat, garden and patio all together in one place and only complete now you are back to enjoy them... have they evicted you from the hospital now then or are you on day release?
Wishing you a continued steady and satisfactory recovery. I hope that you and your family enjoy your summer/autumn.
Best wishes,
Kevin

Anonymous said...

Hi Alan, It is fantastic that you are back on board Buggerlugs. When I saw you at the bottom of the dock, after your bit of diy blacking inspection, I thought it would be a very long time before you were back on the canal. What a wonderful job the medics and rehab people have done, along with your family and friends. We look forward to meeting you on the canal again one day, we will probably be broken down looking for a tow! Best wishes to you and Noreen and family. Jim and Helen, nb Val.

Mike and Poppy said...

Hi Al.

Glad that you are back aboard again. The late summer and autumn is the best time of the year. Take it easy and enjoy the surroundings.

Mick n Mags