Tuesday 3 August 2010

We are on the return Journey

ELLSEMERE

We have had five good days in Ellesmere, as I said in the last blog we managed to get just on the arm were most of the foot traffic have to pass your boat which was great for sales I almost ran out, I had a couple of small pots and a few wooden spoons left, Maryanne took me on a shopping trip to replenish stocks, now I have a lot of painting to do to get the shop looking like something again. Maryanne and I even went to a car boot on Sunday morning at Chirk it was huge! At least 300 stalls and 1000s of people plus car parking was free. We did very well at the stalls I managed to get some great bargains, I don’t know what it is but I just love car boots I am always amazed at what people will try and sell
Sat we spent the day at Maryanne’s were we did our big shop, Noreen had a bath or I should say a two hour soak I got the use of the garage and managed to get all my spraying done so now I can start the painting, the spraying is the worst and takes most of the time but using the garage it makes it so much easier and quicker than doing it on the canal bank.
Today Monday we have moved off down to the Montgomery canal its only 7 miles long as they have not completed the restoration work yet but its very pretty and its another canal we have done. Tomorrow we turn around and start the long melancholy return journey back to Rufford it’s a tedious journey not only because this years trip is coming to and end but the return trip is over ground that we have already covered, one pleasing aspect is you never know what’s around the corner after all this is Buggerlugs.

No comments: