Thursday 29 July 2010


Begining of the arm looking towars Tesco and the town




End of the arm at Elsmere on the turning circle









We are here in Elsmere, we arrived yesterday and have met up with Maryanne and Gregg. We have managed to acquire the same mooring that we had last year, second one in on the arm this means I can reverse out instead of trying the turn around at the head of the arm. It has become very busy now that tesco's is at the top of the arm everyone comes here to shop its so conveinient. Noreen and I can't get use to the comings and goings the early boats start leaving as early as 6.30am and they are still coming in at 21.00hrs some go all the way down the arm just to shop which I feel is stupid as its very difficult to get past the moored boats and even worse to turn your boat at the end, when they could moor on the main line and just walk the 200yards to the shop. luckily its a 72 hr mooring though most only stay the one night, but that is norm as most boats are hire boats and the holiday makers only have a limited time to do what ever they want to do its mainly people like ourselves who have plenty of time to laze about who use the am as a rest stop rather than a shop stop.
This is our time to catch up Noreen is having a hair cut, I am busy polishing the boat and doing the repairs that didn't get done at Buxworth because of the rain. I have done very well on the paintings in fact I have no watering cans left I have sold out. I have to replenish my stock. Maryanne is taking me a car boot on Sunday so I hope to replenish my stock.
I was fishing this evening when kids on the boat next to us were intrigued with the concept of fishing so it finished up with lending all the spare rods out and showing dads daughters and sons how to fish we all had a great time and it really made us think about why we love this life.
Speak soon


Big Al

1 comment:

matthew said...

hey dad wish we had come down its looks like a really good mooring for thomas to run around see you soon love to mum xx