Monday 30 August 2010

We are back


Kieth doing his vascular exercise


Boat full 10 for lunch great day


Well I still have no internet and the blogs are mounting up.

Since my last e- mail we have been quite busy, Roger has returned to warmer climate although it was a short visit we packed a lot into it.

Arriving at castelfields on Sunday afternoon we met Gerry and Chris and caught up with all the latest gossip, they have now left Fettlers and we will miss them they were great neighbors but intend catching them on the next cruise out. Monday evening Keith joined us at Castelfield ready to travel with us to Rufford.

Tuesday dawned wet and windy, this continued all day; the rain was relentless, I don’t think Keith realised how difficult traveling on the boat could be in bad weather, and as he says they don’t show this on Water world? Even with the weather, we still managed to get a pump out, fill up with water and pull in for shopping in Leigh. We pushed on in the afternoon and manage to get to our first destination by 2,30pm, which with all the weather and stops was a good time.

Wednesday was a better day, cold and cloudy but as we had to do eight locks so it was better that it was dull. Thursday the gang arrived, if I named them, all I would run out of space but let’s just say we had 10 for lunch, we all had a great day I believe John won the fishing match; this was only due to his tenacity and doggedness to stick at it. Amanda won the eating contest, Oh I love to watch people enjoy food. The rest of the day was divided up in eating and laughing which isn’t a bad way to spend the day.

Well folks that’s it we have arrived back in Fettlers the last leg down the Rufford was as always a bit sad though this time with all the problems we have had it was a bit of a relief

Now its time for sorting the boat out for the winter sounds a bit early and premature but I want to take my time over it.

I hope you will keep up with the blog and I may be doing a little children’s story for the winter we will have to see.

Thanks for sailing with us Oh by the way next year its Cambridge Noreen doesn’t know yet but it was her choice this year.

Speak soon



Buggerlugs





PS



Now at Maryanne’s,, Greg has managed to get me on line again he’s a genius

No comments: