Tuesday 1 June 2010

Broken wing


Noreen seeing the funny side (I wish I could)


Catastrophic News

Noreen was away at school camp this weekend Teaching the arts of Canoeing, Abseiling, Orienteering, Gorge walking and the more realistic of craft of,, Wrist Breaking! or Practical First Aid
Yes, Noreen has managed to break her wrist. Apparently, Noreen was just walking through a stile when she slipped on wet grass and that was that, one broken Wrist. Having been carried off to the hospital and being covered in plaster she, like the stalwart, she is carried on and came home with the kids yesterday. Matthew brought her back to the boat last night; we considered that the train journey would just be too much even for Noreen.
So now Noreen is know as broken wing or the Kentuckian.
It will take at least 6 weeks before Noreen can use the wrist to any degree, so we have decided to return to base and maybe go out again towards the end of the summer. Now this throws up even more problems it takes two to crew the boat. Oh I know all you boaters will be saying you can do single handed, and I have done locks by myself. However with a knee that will not bend climbing in and out of locks is not the safest way to travel and I do safety first. To that end Maryanne is coming to crew us back to Birmingham and then Danny and Rachel are coming to crew us beyond Wolverhampton after that we will have to see.
Noreen has a hospital appointment on Friday they will decide then if it needs plating or not, so keep your fingers crossed. Hanging around in Warwick is not so bad it is a very nice place to be hold up so we will just have to make the best of it. I am doing the best I can looking after Noreen, the cooking, cleaning, shopping, Ironing, Washing and boat maintenance, But I will cope, I can here you all now saying or-----r poor little bugger.

So! if anyone wants a few days’ holiday on the good ship Buggerlugs and feel like doing it bit of crewing and doing a few locks give us a ring, all I can offer is bloody good food and drinks

I will keep you all informed of Noreen’s progress

Keep her in your prayers

Buggerlugs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! No !!

So Sorry folks I have only just read your blog!!

Get well soon Noreen!

Hope there was NO more complications when you went back for the hospital appointment

Thinking of You

X X OZ X X

aud said...

Hi its aud
so sorry to hear about your arm get better soon, Elliots here and told me how to do this so if it goes wrong i will blame him ha ha.
News from the hell hole Mandy left the mop bucket in the doorway and i have done my ankle in nearly falling over it (heath and safty there is none) not the first time she has done this. Tom Small asked me why i was limping so told him, and Mandy hasnt spoke for 2 days nice and quite.
Hope you and Alen are ok now i know how to do this you cant get away ha ha.
Miss you both so much, will have to come and see you.
bye for now.
aud
P.S. Alan lve the blog keps me informed.