Friday 15 January 2010

this week


Brisbane Sky Line Noreen with her Bird of Paradise


Piper and the Koala Veiw from Tumblegum



Tumblegum From the tree tops


Tree top walkway

This week has been a bit busy Monday we were off to O'Riley's which is the top of a mountain were there is a tree walk they have actually built a walk way through the tree canopy which is very beautiful with magnificent views, especially when you climb a 80ft tree to check the view (which we did) there is a lovely story about a plane crash on the mountain were O'riley set out to rescue and led two survivor's to safety there is a lot more to the story but you get the drift.
Tuesday we set off for a run out on our own first calling at Nadeen's shop to exchange my sunglasses that have broke I explained that I have only had them 4 years so they must be still under guarantee. Noreen and I then went to a place with the fantastic name of Tumblegum a very quiet Ausie back water with only one river fronted street with art galleries and very hippy Cafes I am sure that the cake I had was laced because I felt extremely happy after I ate it. our return journey was through some really pretty countryside I have no idea were it was because by this time all I new was that the coast was in the east and that was the direction I was traveling. we eventually finished up at a placed called Burleigh from there we new our way back.
Wednesday it was a family day out to another mountain, to the Brisbane Planetarium great day for Kids and people like me who think they are kids, the show that is put on is very enlightening my only criticism is that it was all about the southern hemisphere which meant nothing to me but all the same a fantastic show, the Planetarium is situated in the Botanical gardens which are
mind blowing I never new that there were so many different types of bamboo and the kids had a great time on the children's I spy trail. that day was rounded off with a visit to the top of the mountain which has a cafe (food again) and a number of viewing platform that offer panoramic views over the whole of Brisbane.
Thursday Noreen's Birthday see separate Blog
Friday is day off am all tuckered out.

Keep smiling folks according to the BBC World service the thaw is on its way

Big Al








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday nunu sorry that we couldn't be with you as for christmas and new year but hey what the hell it looks like your having fun everything here is finally thawing out and things are slowly getting back to normal
went to buggerlugs today and shes fixed although there was no electric danny said he would sort it
anyway be safe love you all and miss you lots

maryanne said...

Birds of Paradise growing in the outside whats that about !!!! miss you x x x loads x x x x what are the details of you return x x x x cant wait x x x x