Saturday 23 January 2010

Catch up


Eating the big Emperor for diner


Great Aunty & Uncle

Some of the fairies


Even Bat Man takes Time out


Hi Everyone

Well it would appear that the big snow is over and normality has once again set in, well that's what the BBC tell now ifs its any different please let me know I need to know what I am coming back too???? I assume I will not need to travel back in my shorts and sandals.
This week we have taken things a bit easy the wad is getting thin and we have Vanuatu next week. We had a day out at Tumblegum again its such a nice place I had half a day on the boat with Keith were I managed to catch a Spangled Emperor ( Sweet Lip) plus quite a few other fish in fact we had a very good morning. Keith shown me the way they collect Yabbies which is a small prawn, it is done at low tide on the water line and involves pushing a large hand pump into the sand then pumping for dear live and spurting what is in the pump onto the sand whereby you collect the yabbies which hopefully you have extracted from there slumber. all was going well until I decided to step into one of the huge holes left behind from pumping, you guessed it ar-- over t-- into the water finishing up sat in two foot of water not only that we had another 3 hrs fishing I finished up rather chapped but that's another story.
Today we had a fairy party it was Pipers birthday last Tues so birthday party today to avoid the heat of the day they start at 09.00 as we were road crew we were up early and setting up by 07.45 see pics and you will see why the early start. It was fantastic party with lots of food and cakes. NO drinks ???
Its Australia day on Tues which apparently is a big day here national holiday people will take the
Monday off and make a long weekend of it ( lets make St Georges day very very special or even call it British day and if people don't like it then they can stay indoors for the day and watch bollwood films.) seriously though would it not be great if celebrated our national day like the rest of the world do.
So next week its off to Vanuatu in the south pacific Roger and I have been practicing "there is nothing like a dame" Noreen and Mary have been practicing "Balihi" we are all looking forward to the trip so avoiding Tsunamis, earth quakes, typhoons, deadly insect bites I should get one more blog off before we depart for Home.

Love to All
Big Al

3 comments:

Maryanne said...

Yep the snow has finally melted and we can get back normality. That looked like some fairy party fantastic pics. I am getting ready for the interview on Monday. Adam helped me out last night to make a advert using his graffic artist skills. It's been a big week at work we had a day ofsted inspection I managed to be chosen again to be observed ( I am sure it's because my name sticks out in a list ... Thanks!) this time they did turn up !!!! It went very well lots of positive comments ( to my face anyway). It was also back dancing and maths this week ( boo). I ( Gregg) passed the first paper so I am in the clear for now! Anywho hope to syke you tomorrow begore you head off x x love to all x x x

Anonymous said...

Hello friends, We have been catching up on what you have been up to, And it seems its fun fun fun !! The photos are brill as usual, I must tell you vicky invited us up for dinner last saturday night but i think she has spent to much time with me, She got an M&S meal for 2 and put it in the oven!!!!. So come home Noreen i need feeding .And Bethany is a bit concerened that she can't find buggerlugs on the canal at asda, And Bruce, where did u find him? He does look more fun than the sailor friend u found last month. I do hope the tent Mary is hiding in isnt the one you have been borrowing lol. enjoy the rest of ur hols love the halliwells x

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys, I'm thrilled with the photos. Pipers Fairy party looks truly amazing " I wan't a fairy dress too "!!!The fun seems to have lasted for the full duration of your stay and reading the blog has kept us close.And I must confess I did cheat on the dinner party but at least it went in the oven instead of the microwave. That must score me points ??
Life here is back into the swing of things and 2010 is truly flying by.We are all well, looking forward to your return. I bought Russell Sat Nav for Christmas so theres no excuses getting lost this summer tracking buggerlugs down!! Have a wonderful Trip and a safe journey home. Love Vicky x