Sunday 10 January 2010


Noreen and Mitch in First Class (naturally)


Piper Stoking up


Mark performing


Hi All
Well here we are again Sunday. It all started so well this morning up at 7.00am washed Showered breakfasted and out to church for 9.00 mass only to find that it was ending as we arrived, well they have changed the times for the Holiday period and not being regulars at the church we just read the mass times published outside, all I can say is that the intention was good.
Then it was back here for a long day watching others enjoy the sun, as Sundays here are a time for very quiet relaxation, like all resorts the coast is packed on Sundays so we just st on the balcony watching the comings and goings of the Boats and the People its very enjoyable and can be very funny. We have had a week of coming and going Friday we went to the railway Museum at Ipswich with Jane and the kids, great day out luckily coming from Manchester I had a good grounding in steam engines and was able to answer most of Mitchel's questions even ones like "with the difference in engine Torque and horse power what did I think would be the best for transporting coal wagons over great distances like Australia Steam or Diesel?" WHAT!
where do these kids get it from, But he was very impressed when I was the only one who could work the diesel train simulator I think I even impressed lots of other grandads. the Museum and grounds were really nice. I may have said this before the Aussie have very nice cenotaphs for both 1st and second wars they are beautifully kept with lots of polished brass and wonderful designs, there was one at the rail museum commemorating all the railway workers who fell in the first and second wars, and yesterday we went to see Mark playing a gig at the RSL Aussie equivalent of our British Legion again there was a wonderful memorial to those who had fallen in both wars and they are still adding to it today. very respectful of them.
I transgress as I was saying Sunday is a day of rest so I thought I would catch up with you all, I was listening to the BBC this morning the weather sounds awful and even more to come I now feel sorry for saying its great here no snow. I expect that the excitement of the snow as now well worn off, its OK for a couple of days but the novelty soon wears off.
I am not sure if my car will start when I get back Tom ha not been able to get out to run it but there is always the AA
So folks that's it not much news, I have to go back to watching these boaters moor up (not that I could do any better but its always comforting to see some other silly sod cock it up

Speak soon
Big Al









No comments: