Wednesday 6 January 2010

Hi


One cheeky little Girl Piper


Moon light over the bay
Brewery & Cheese Farm
do not order Burger & Chips here

Ausi en Suite

Hi Folks








Well the Christmas decorations come down today 12 night the epiphany was yesterday and we had a 12 night party on the beach with Jane and the kids then back here for a Buffet tea, as the sun was not too hot it was a really enjoyable day. The weather over the past few days has been rather intense it is of course the rainy season so in between the heavy rain we have this very humid atmosphere were you become very wet. BUT its not snowing so I'm not complaining, I listen to the BBC world news on the radio at night and follow the weather on the Internet and of course I get updates from you lot, so I do understand just how bad its been or in fact is. Lets hope its all gone for when we return. It would seem that we have picked the right winter to come here. We are filling our days at the moment with days out in the local area when I say local that means within a 100 miles; that's local, all four of us are enjoying days out places like Tambourine Mountain were after waiting an hour for a burger and chips I actually complained demanded my money back and said that the service was worse than the UK ( something I thought wasn't possible) well it normally wouldn't have bothered me but Rogers had arrived and he had eaten his:! now that really pi---- me off and upset me, but it was for the good because just down the road we found a PIE SHOP that sold pies and mushy peas, I must say though the Pies here are good real meat but at 2.50 each they should be. Yesterday whilst swimming with the kids we were visited by a dolphin which caused great excitement as I think it only came in the bay to play nobody seem to bother it was just another dolphin, I on the other hand was running up and down the beach with camera at the ready trying to focus and snap a pic at something that only came up for 2 seconds at a time. I think people were more interested in the mad Pom running up and down the beach than the Dolphin. Today we are off, but yet know not where I am taking Roger to the station then off out. we have trips planned but not finalised yet But what we have got planned is a trip to Vanuatu ; now if your interested Vanuatu is a group off islands in the South Pacific nestling between the Pacific and the Coral sea we are off to Effi which is the capital Island, all this is to take place at the end of Jan which will give just three days back in Aus before our homeward journey. We have never been to the Pacific so its another name on the list. The place sounds very civilised and they say that the head hunters left years ago but I am sure that there will be a couple of stories in the trip. Not much fishing done in the past week though I did go off the Marina wall the other day and caught a Stripy Perch, and an eel plus a few crabs (no jokes please) Roger went out with Kieth on Monday and hooked into a Mantor Ray which they had to turn on the engine and chase to get line back only the anglers amongst you will understand the complexity of that?????




Keep wrapped up warm it will all be gone soon and all the little ones will be back in school with the snow being just be another memory ( that's all right for me its 8.00am and 72 here) Keep smiling folks




Speak soon




Big Al

No comments: