Monday 1 August 2022

Catch up

 Hi Everyone 


Sorry I have been off the air for a week but in my defence its been a busy one,and really Im only doing it now because its to hot to do anything else even the fishing has had to take a back seat.

Last week we all went to Blackpool that is three grandchildren Maryanne Noreen and me I only did Monday and  Wednesday we had Matthew Lorraine and grandson Thomas a real good family DO I only did Mon Tue as I had to get back to the boat there was a few repairs to do the solenoid was sticking and she wasn't starting to good the grand children are coming again at the weekend for a historical (hysterical) cruise into Liverpool with and extra 4 on board  the accommodation had to be sorted and it was a good excuse to escape for a few days. they will arrive on Sunday lets hope the weather stays dry.

the two days in Blackpool were really good those days when bed time couldn't come quick enough But as a wise man once said " Grandchildren are Gods compensation for getting Old"

We are still moored in Scarisbrick because the canal is still blocked to go North and East so we are virtually maroon here in west Lancashire but I can think of worse places to be maroon, our permanent mooring Fettlers Wharf is only a days sail away BUT it entails 7 of the worst locks in the country  and then we would have to do that twice by keeping in easy and staying here our trip into  Liverpool will be much shorter. As I Celebrated  my 75th last week I have been told I should start taking it easy I say Sod Off Im quite happy as I am age is just a number we all know it means nothing as long as you wake up in the morning and can not feel any wood around you get up and enjoy another day God has given you for free.

However when I returned here last Tue another boat was moored along side us I realised it was a friend of mine Ronnie I did some painting for him last year. As I didnt see any one aboard I ask the marina staff was Ronnie ok. the look was enough " sorry Alan  he died last week. he came home one night made a brew it was still in the cup went to be but never got up" he was a chauffeur for Liverpool council they tried to contact him couldn't so  rang his daughter she came over and found him. RIP Ronnie.

Im just glad he paid me for all the work I had done for him some of my clients still owe me from 2020 thas not being disrespectful Ronnie would laugh or kick himself for paying to soon.

Thanks for Listening it means a lot 

God Bless Stay Safe 

Alan





Sun down eight bells and all is quiet


As the England ladies did so well in fact Brilliantly this is Pippa who has been selected to play next season for Howarden Rangers (would you take her on ???) 7 and  ready to take on the world (whens the world cup for Ladies ? 

Evie Southport Beach it took half a mile walk to find the sea but she insisted 


Sports Day in Blackpool with Shaun the sheep

THE THREE MUSCATIERS 



  

No comments: