Saturday 17 August 2019

Down on the River Weaver

Hi
With the help of friends we set off last Sunday after Mass Now we have a fair idea of what we are doing on Boats it only took us three days to get down to the Weaver I know it can be done quicker but we are getting old and need our beauty sleep.Th =is was only ever meant to be a quick 2 weeks to give Buggerlugs a run and to keep us in mind of what British boating is about after 10 weeks in Australia I want to know if I could remember what to do???

Well we made it down onto the Weaver something went astray at the bottom of the lift so we were kept waiting almost and hour and half that meant by the time we got down most of the very limited moorings were gone But with a bit of juggling we got in on the far end end of the Northwich wall. We then spent 48 hrs. sheltering from what ever God wanted to through at us: thunder, hail gales rain in torrents it just kept coming. By the time this morning came around we were almost out of water. I decided to do an early move to the water station. What I did not fore see was that that the rain over the mast 48 hours had now descended down from the Derbyshire hills along the Cheshire planes using the River Dane as a culvert which pours into the River Weaver 20 yards from where we were moored So to get to the water station you have to cross this deluge of water now running at about 20kph and Moor up on a brick wall. Well to say it was difficult would be and understatement I know all you boaters are saying that I should have gone up stream turn around and approached heading into the water flow. Yes I know the procedure but I considered the facts and turning a 60ft boat around in a 20kmp river did not appear to be the best option so I managed to get along side jumped with the rope and lashed it over a bollard GREAT FUN RECOMMEND IT TO EVERYONE AT 08.00 ON A SATURDAY MORNING We are again nicely moored up on a floating jetty very cosy Sun shining but the river I think is even faster than this morning. So fast I cant go fishing I have not got a big enough Ledger to get the bait down its that fast. thats it now nothing at all to do (thats why Im writing to you lot

Take care GB
BUGGERLUGS


No comments: