Thursday 27 June 2019

BACK IN QLD

Hi everyone

We have left the riggers of the out back behind and headed for three days rest and recuperation in the metropolitan city of Darwen. Darwen is a strange place full of old and new part is still trying to hold on to its colonial past and the other half blending with the future of a rapidly changing Australia. However its a great place to hang out  we managed to go to a great little theatre maximum of 80 audience very parochial but a great play I was told by people who Know that it was very Australian  (what ever that means ) We visited the usual places botanical gardens, Museums where there was some wonderful exhibitions of Flora and Fauna of Australia and a interesting exhibition of the cyclone that flattened Darwin I found that very interesting. on the whole a very enjoyable few days before our flight back to base.
I do not know why but security at airports is starting to really annoy me this time in Darwen a domestic flight of only 4 hours I was everything but strip search I think I only got away with that because when he ask "do it here or in the cubical" I said here I have nothing to hide anyway I was cleared of carrying Drugs, Laundered Money, Animals, Contraband,  Slaves, Environmentally Dangerous items. and Guns. This happens when ever I go through security I stand there being rigorously search whilst the rest of my traveling company stand finished in fits of laughter both annoying me and the security officers. But hey we all need a laugh in airports dont we But why me I try to travel in shorts so when my NHS knee sets off the alarm they can see the 8inch scar covering my knee But does that deter them from a full investigation oh no it just gives them the excuse to have some fun on what is normally a very boring job.  However if I was carrying a bomb the rest of the passengers would be very grateful that I did not get through.
We are now back in QUEENSLAND at my sister-in-laws who is I must add a wonderful generous person However since we arrived back last Sat it has not stopped raining its the longest continuous period of rain anyone here can remember it rained continuously for 48 hrs WOW they have never experienced rain for a month anyway the rain combined with the wind has curtailed our fishing exploits though I did get out early monday though after 2 hours I was just like the rest of the boats on the water heading home I love my fishing but not at the expense of my life its very rough out there
its now two days on and it hasnt stopped raining however Roger and I decided that we were getting claustrophobia so we set off fishing the wind and gales have gone and we are both originally from Manchester so whats a bit of rain to us As it happens the morning was very productive wit a good haul of fish the weather wasnt great but is you are catching who cares
We have now planned our next trip again we are heading north but this time we are driving up and spending a few days in a lovely place called Nussa just being tourists we go a week on monday that is about the 8th by time we get back it will almost be time to start packing again for the homeward trip

God Bless
comment on the blog please then I don't feel so lonely


Rainbow whilst morning fishing so beautiful makes you forget about the rain

Cullum Marina Darwen dinner by Navigation lights 

Sunset over Darwen 

St Mary's Catholic church Darwen


Sea Lock from the Marina to the sea

The red wine is called Bonking Frog only the Ausies could come up with that one 

Mary taking on the Croc single Handed
Crazy trees 

from Apartment balcony  

another even crazier tree


No comments: