Monday 19 October 2015

Farewell to Australia

G,DAY
Mary ' Noreen, Jane, Nadene 

                                                          The kids writing in the sand
The thrills of power boating 

Tomorow it is farewell to Australia
This will be the last Blog form downunder, this morning at 06.00 I was out in the tinny making my farewell trip out on the water FISHING yes and I did catch in fact we are all having fish tonight as our farewell dinner.
I always find this last day the most awkward we have had such a great time, we have been royally looked after, the hospitality, freindship and Love has been second to none, I o love it here and I could willingly stay, however the other me has missed the kids Pippa and Thomas its so inportant to watch them grow up I know from my experience of being away so much when they were growing up just how fast they change, When Mat was first born he would be about 3 months when I was sent out to the Gulf for nine months when I got back he was just about walking ( I know my choice I was the one that signed up no complaints from me we all knew what the life meant even our wives knew what to expect  Though I do get annoyed when I here present Army wives Complaining and saying its an injustice'  our wives never had a voice )
Noreen and I haven't even started to pack yet "if it dos'nt go in then it stays" that's our philosophy
Whilst here we have done everything that was on our original agenda the cruise to Papa new Guinea was not on that list so that has gone down as just a learning curve. Who was it said that you can live your life in RETROSPECT  was gone is gone. the only thing you can do with the past is learn from it (I wish our politicians would take that advice)
Last night my niece organised a family get together on the beach as a farewell its great here to be able to plan that type of event and rely on the weather, these park areas by the sea are fantastic its a public place with electric BBQ you just click a switch and use it ifs its busy nobody minds sharing and the following morning its all steam cleaned ready for the next lot the kids were skate boarding, playing on the swings writing in the sand and in general just having a lovely time with Friends and Family
Noreen and I are not really looking forward to our return flight that is the only thing that needs thinking about when you book a long haul the first leg is 14 hours then we get a 2 hour rest in Dubia then a second leg of 7 hours in all 23 hours travelling thats why we stay her so long you need time to recover so dont expect to see me much before sunday.
Ok everyone thats it from Australia
God Bless you all for  listening

No comments: