Sunday 17 May 2015

Well sorry its at least a week since I put pen to paper and I did say the I would try to keep you better informed. The cruise up from top lock of the Wigan flight to top lock of Johnsons Hillock is a short trip but a very pleasant one. We managed to get a partner boat up the 7 locks that always makes a flight of locks easier and its nice to be able to chat whilst rising up the lock. O reaching Top lock we were lucky and managed to get a mooring on the visitor moorings and very nice they are too, as the following morning the locks were being closed we thought we would take the opertunity and have an extra day on such a good mooring. Being so close to our old home and lots of friends and family still here we have decided to hang around for a few days at Riley Green Marina great place to moor up very friendly and very convenient for us. As we are so close to the rellies and friends we have had visitors most days I have managed to get my car up from Rufford so things are very comfortable. Noreen and Maryanne have been able to get together and do the shops being ladies they both NEEDED new outfits for Windsor, I am managing with my suit having passed through the dry cleaners as Noreen says no one will be looking at me, anyway if you can't splash out for the Queen who can you splash out for. For Me it will be one of the proudest days of my life I just wish both her Granddads were here to experience it  Both Noreen and Maryanne will look stunning the Queen will be well impressed. We leave for Windsor tomorrow staying overnight ready for the investiture on Tuseday. Then its back to reality on Wednesday we are heading for Reedley Marina just south of Burnley I have secured a birth in the marina for a few days I do not like being out on the water over a bank Holiday its absolute chaos even in this quiet neck of the woods.
I will be giving a full report on the investiture and the trip to Windsor and how it all all pans out, I just hope the Queen doesn't recognise me and ask us all  over to tea as we have a busy day and can't hang around ??

I think thats about everything
SO speak soon
Buggerlugs

No comments: