Sunday 12 April 2015



OK Everyone

Having picked up our new car on Thursday I have now just finished putting it in moth balls for the next six months, I have said before that since the knock on my head in the dry dock  I am completely disorganised, anyway if we do need a car for emergencies we have now a brand new one AND NO! I do not need anyone to run it in for me so forget that. But honest I did not realise we were picking it up on thurs so weds guess what I did? you were right I filled the old car that was for Part X with a full tank of petrol which was almost as much as I got for the bloody.  
Tomorrow is the day we set sail (actually we have no sails but it sounds very nautical) and I have now got my sailors head on. Noreen and I will pull out of the marina hopefully about 08.30 / 09.00 with our companion boat Orion with John and Kath on board sailing along with us in convoy, keeping a close eye out for U-
boats along the L&L into Liverpool
The weather isn't sounding too good so the seven locks up to Burscough will be a tester, though I have been moving other boats up the locks for the past month so I hope I am well practiced?? From Burscough we will be heading along the L&L passed Scarisbrick  then mooring overnight at Lydiat,  Tues we have the  busy swing bridges though Magul and moving on  Hancocks bridge No 9 to await our passage though Bootle into Liverpool docks on Wednesday morning .
Having missed last years trip due to Hospital appointments and a bit of internal re-plumbing  we are really looking forward to this years trip, it’s one we have done before so I am hoping that we will not have any surprises awaiting us along the way ?? It will be nice to meet up with all our boating friends and of course non boating friends. Though travelling by boat can sometimes be strenuous it is also so very relaxing. Travelling by boat as we will be until Aug, and living on a boat in a Marina with a job, car and responsibilities, by the way I have no job and no responsibilities (except grandchildren)  Its Noreen who refuses to slow down The two life styles are very different!!!  but we love them both.
Noreen and I love our travels so when we return to Rufford in Late Aug we depart for Australia on the 27th for about 8 weeks, I will be keeping everyone informed.
Stay watching this space for updates on our travels, or check out alonthecanal.blogspot.com
I shall be giving a frank and honest guide to the new Liverpool Link I am told that changes have been made I  am interested to investigate just how slick it is???
So for the next 10 days we are at jetty S10 Salthouse Dock

                                                                    Here we go
                                               Entering lock 7 on the Rufford Branch
                                          
Love to All
Big Al

Buggerlugs 

No comments: