Wednesday 22 April 2015

Day out New Brighton

Great day out

Today we all took a walk in the past and took the Mersey Ferry to New Brighton just crossing the water on the ferry to Seacombe then the 2.5 mile walk to New Brighton but what a walk its right along the shore line, its  flat with no traffic, the weather today was fantastic you would have thought we where in Spain on the esplanade New Brighton was a revelation  it was clean nice shops plenty of places to eat, fantastic views towards Crosby and Formby, you also get the added excitement of the ships passing towards the Bar and out into the Irish sea all in all a fantastic day. However we had glorious weather what it would be like with two kids in the rain that’s a different matter.   

I have just bedecked the boat with bunting ready for tomorrow, St Georges day I intended to put more out but I have left a lot in my Flag locker on the Marina but I am flying the flag and by doing it early many other boats have been encouraged to do the same (plenty of flags on sale in Liverpool) I hope I have started the trend.
Mersey ferry Snowdrop

New Brighton

The iconic Liver Building 

Buggerlugs half the bunting missing but I managed bow and stern
Noreen and Kath?????????????

No comments: