Sunday 25 January 2015

January on the Marina

Well what a Month our poor old tub has been tossed around like a cork in a bottle. But as I have always said
“If you can’t take a joke you should not have signed up” Its now nearly the end of the month all the Ice has gone the winds have calmed down and the days are getting longer with signs of spring on the way the crocus’s are up, daffodils starting to poke through, Ducks are mating and the fish have started to bite so all is well with my world (at the moment)
This inclement weather has given me time to kill I spent it in quality meditation, contacting old friends, sorting out business and attempting to get some order back in our life. We have been visiting Maryanne and checking on our new granddaughter Pippa what joy she has brought into the world (like all babies do)  Our grandson Thomas has just discovered fractions and revelling in the joy of understanding them.
I the last Blog I said we were of to Istanbul in Feb well we have postponed that  because we hope to do a Pacific cruise whilst visiting Australia depart 27 August. That will of course cut our summer cruise down but hey swap the Leeds and Liverpool canal for swimming off Surfers Paradise no Brainer………
Though the Leeds and Liverpool is a very nice canal I do like the sun.
Other than that things are progressing I have just spent two weeks painting the inside of the marina’s newest Butty 60ftx 14ft house boat it’s a job I keep telling themI am an Artist not a painter they never say what type of Artist I am maybe you could have an Idea. As soon as the weather starts to improve I have my boat to paint, the bow doors and hatch doors to refurbish and then make two new top boxes I have a new and cunning plan for the top boxes if it works I will publish it
I have included a few pics of the recent weather as observed from Buggerlugs

See you all next month
Big Al



Evening is nigh
our mooring is at the head of the marina and is a 
liniar mooring that means no Protection

Iced up though it only lasted 4 days

Morning mist over a frozen Marina

These views show why we choose this life style .

No comments: