Saturday 10 August 2013

Home Ward Bound

Hi all

Well I was right to be concerned about the Braunston Tunnel, As we entered I discovered that the boat behind me was full of screaming hysterical 25 year olds acting as if they were three year olds who insisted that being three feet of my stern was the safest place for them. Now without going into the physics  of  it (which I am not capable of doing) all I know is that having a boat that that close makes your steering  very difficult having ask twice to back off I had to revert to different tactics that of stopping the boat and explaining unless they had two choices either back off to a safer distance or back out they decided on the former, once that was sorted all we had to contend with was the three boats we did pass coming the other way were all in some what of a hurry either through fright, inexperience, hysterics or stupidity, I for once decided to just accept the knocks and scrapes after all in the tunnel you can't even see you enemy never mind shout obscenities at them. maybe the streets of NI taught me to just accept the abuse.
Having now got back to the system properly we are making excellent progress meeting lots of old friends
talking of that we meet lots of people who are always saying OH, do you know ---  --- Well I have decided to add all these to the blog so John and Kath  (Big Decisions)  from Fettlers  Paul and Chris (Patience) send their regards hope to meet up soon. Being back on the canal also means that we have a better chance of mooring where we want?? though the Oxford canal was quite busy being mid season  though yesterday we joined the Coventry canal which for some reason is not that busy at all moorings are plentiful. Returning using the same route as we came by also means that we can visit  all the places we wanted to do but hadn't enough time to do on the way down. in my case that means fish all those quite spots I discovered on the outward journey.
Just a few pics to keep you interested

This is the CRTs new method of keeping the tow path clear 
its better that keeping out of Dog S---

I love these locks they cause some much confusion that its great to hang around and watch the fun 
however this time they had CRT volunteers on had which made it quite boring 

Being back on the canal means we are treated to views like this around every corner 

Entrance to the dreaded Braunston tunnel even the entrance is a bloody 
obstacle course
Another nice view, not amazing but isn't it Peaceful

No comments: