Monday 11 April 2011

Hi

Yesterday was such a wonderful day , not only did all my guitar playing go well in church, Noreen won on the raffle and I was given a new high vis jacket ideal for the back of the boat., its strange how you receive things when you plead poverty?? On returning to the boat we had Mat Lorraine Thomas and his little pal TJ? for lunch which was a nice surprise . As the Science and Industry Museum is just over the road we decided to take the kids. We went into the aircraft museum first the kids love it I on the other hand am a bit more reserved over the exhibits as I actually flew in a few of them and rode some of the motor bikes on show Ah well at least I was a wealth of knowledge. The two lads wanted to go on the moon rocket race simulator Noreen and I decided we would accompany them it was fantastic, travelling a breakneck speed, forcing others off the circuit, very similar to Noreen’s driving except there was no abuse from other drivers. If you are looking for a great day out with the kids try the Science and Industry museum Manchester its a good day out and free

The weather yesterday here was great in the afternoon every piece of grass was taken with people having picnics, wine parties, family BBQs, and all sorts merry goings on, and I’m sure in some hidden corners orgies were happening, however I was not allowed to go and look.
Today was a stark difference not only in the weather but also with the tasks we had on, first we had to go and get the car from Noreen’s dads this entailed my first voyage on a metro tram and may I say a very pleasant experience it was, it seems to be a very efficient service though not what I would call cheep. We then had quite a lot of stuff to buy to finish off some work on the boat. We also had to visit my brother who had been taken into hospital. He was in Tameside hospital after fighting our way through the Manchester Traffic up to Ashton it then took us half an hour to park the car I am sure the designers of the place did it in such a way as to deter visitors it is the most unfriendly hospital I have ever been too If the NHS want to save money pull the bloody place down. And why did they build a hospital on a bloody hill I needed oxygen by time we reached our kids ward. He went in with heart problems and now has a upset stomach. which apparently comes free with three day stay. It was well worth it though and I hope we cheered him up??
One other thing annoyed me today, in Stretford I saw a mini bus with the words Afro/Caribbean Welfare Bus, it was taking people to there club for the day which is great, and I applaud the community spirit which can supply such transport.
But what I want to know is could I run a bus which says White English Welfare Bus or would that be racial ????????????? I believe if we advertise racial segregation we promote it Just a thought.
I have just spent the last 20 mins looking for a rattling noise which just sounded like the central heating system leaking. I searched the boat checked the heating, I could not find anything wrong. Then Noreen went out for a fag and it was then she realised that the boat across the way had started its engine which had a very bad rattle, ever felt an idiot.
Speak soon
Big Al





















Speak soon









Big Al













































2 comments:

matthew said...

it was good to see you to and the re-fit looks great I had my reservations but it truly does look great cant wait to put it to the test
thomoas and tj who is actually oj had a great time thanks
and by the way a white english welfare bus would most definatly be racist but very intresting comment
love to you both M,L AND T x

Anonymous said...

What a lovely day, it sounds as though you managed to fit so much in. Hope Noreen finds a fabric she likes.

X Duwnunda X