Saturday 13 November 2010

Back Again

I have been off line for a few weeks, The computer got a virus so its been to the Doc's for a flue jab. My son-in-law Gregg who is a computer doctor gave the old thing the kiss of life some TLC and a pick me up so its now up and running.
Thanks everyone for letting me know that I was not talking to myself its some relieve to know I'm not going doolally. Lisa asked were we got the name from, Well its like this as children both our fathers called us buggerlugs, I believe that was because we were both sort of unruly, for those who do not realise the word Buggerlugs is an endearment or a proclamation of mischievousness. When I was a lad the expression " oy buggerlugs come here" could be heard up and down the back entries as irate mothers called their off spring in. So when we were looking for a name for a 60ft piece of metal that will not do as its told, has a mind of its own, and sometimes we consider it is a free spirit, the word Buggerlugs seemed quite appropriate and of course its such a lovely word.
We survived the storms over the past few days with very little damage, I lost a cover off one of the top boxes but after an hour of dragging the mooring I located it in the middle of the Marina.
some of our neighbours fared worse as two sky navigation systems were blown into the canal and as yet not retrieved
I am in the process of writing a bit about adverts which will appear very soon

Keep smiling and watching this space

No comments: