Friday 18 June 2010

Bad Day


the crew

Thuresday
Thanks to Marjorie and Geoff for helping with the last six locks through Middlewich Marjorie dropped Geoff off at the boat then took Noreen off for a trip around town. Geoff and I managed the last locks that seemed to be endless because of the amount of canal traffic we had to queue at every lock. we eventually managed to get to big lock which is the last one before Wigan here we met the girls for a well earned pub lunch
Friday
You all must have had one of these days, Before I set out in a morning I normally have a vague Ida of what I would like to achiev to be or even do. today I had mainly three objections one to get a pump out, two get down onto the Weaver, three arrive at the very nice caravan site we stayed at last year. Object number one, set out early 07.30 in order to get the pump out and arrive on the mooring for going down to the Weaver by 09.00 The pump out station was out of order "again" this I thought would no be a problem as we can get a pump out at Northwich on the Weaver. So having nothing to do we arrived at the mooring for the lift an hour early, eventually we were ushered onto the lift though the boat we were going down with was 5 mins late more hanging around, we were directed as usual into the chamber only to be told that the electrician had been checking things out and done something wrong now the whole thing was out of action.
it took 90mins to discover that a fuse had blown, now every one knows that electrics are not my forte but come on a bloody fuse. Also you all know that I am an affable type of chap and will talk to anyone however we shared the lock with some Australian woman who insisted on giving me a potted history of the English canal system and guides on how to handle my boat. I had this for the hour we were stuck in the lift, But you will be very proud of me as I did not tell her to shut her big Aussie Gob as she was talking a load of sh---- So we were now eventually going to get
Now that sounds bad against all my Australian friends Who are some of the most generous, helpful, unassuming people on this planet but you always get the bad apple spoiling it for the rest just like our binge drinkers in Spain, the world has all Brits as beer swilling slobs just because of a few. Now moving and away from Mrs Matilda and her runaway mouth.
As there are no speed limits on the weaver I left Anderton at a breakneck speed, hoping to get a pump out at Northwich. It now no longer exists, by this time I was on top note ready to explode, We now had two locks to negotiate which we did without incident.
We motored on to the caravan site and arrived about 3.30pm only to find that it had not only gone down hill in the past year but almost disappeared the beautiful manicured lawns had now become toilets for the geese which meant walking around the mooring was like walking on an ice rink Anyway here we are and to be honest I am too tired to be bothered moving.


I have had one of those days you want to forget.


Some pics of our last crew member's I could not get on last time


Be good

Buggerlugs

1 comment:

ken said...

Don't worry - everyone has bad days, looking back it will seem like part of the fun and something to share with others over a glass or two, even with mouthy Aussies!

My, nay our, bad days are most days especially on the sunny days we are having at the moment, simply because we can't be sailing. We are really envious, of you but hope to join you soon in being almost constant cruisers. Hope Noreen's wing is healing well - I think there is probably no better therapuetic exercise than weilding a windlass - once the time is ripe.

Love to you both,
Ken & Gwen (Lo-Shen)