Monday 16 November 2009

Hi Folks


Noreen Cleaning the Pool


Busy day down the broadwater


Noreen and her little sister
Yesterday Noreen and I went for a short walk along the broadshore, I needed some new hooks and weights for fishing and I thought sure we would find a shop along the way. what I did't take into account was that it was Sunday and its like mayhem the place is packed with boats pleasure sun seekers, nudist bathers boaters, wind surfers. kite surfers, jet skiers, and grannies doing BBQ'S. We joined the throng and walked along quite merrily enjoying the weather and soaking up the atmosphere but like all things good in live it had to end. Yes you have it I had got us lost, well that's not quite true I could still see the apartment block yes it was only a shadow in the heat haze but it did give me a marker. we made our return journey in relative silence and my map reading skills were not mentioned after 2 hours of walking in 97% I said there you are only 500 yards from the apartment, that was great until pathfinder Noreen informs me we were on the wrong side of the river But using my homing skills like a well trained frontiersmen I managed to get us back just over the three hour mark and No I didn't managed to buy any hooks Roger took me in the car 5 mins from here. the other way??
We went to Rogers and Mary's other house yesterday they have bought it to let and use as an office our job was to clean the pool I always wanted to be a pool cleaner ever since I saw the graduate but all I got for this one was a ice lollies I must be loosing my fatal charm ???
Speak soon folks














Big Al

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well if anyone can get lost walking
down a beach you can
what I don't get is how!!!!
don't you just turn around and go back..

love to you both lorraine xx