Wednesday 23 September 2009

Off the Weaver






Here we are again

I have already given you a rundown on the past ten days on the Weaver However I just thought I would recap. Since Keith and Carol left Noreen and I decided to take it very easy, the weather was great and the river in perfect condition so we spent another 4 days just meandering along the river, I had a slight accident getting on the boat in Northwich that left me with a very bruised rib cage and a scar on my belly which has now started to heal. As I said the river is beautiful, it is one of the loveliest rivers in the country and so quiet. Anyone wishing to get away from the hustle and bustle of life should take a few days on the Weaver and recharge the batteries. It was made better by the fact that the kids are back at school and the season is just about finished so it was very quiet with very little traffic.
Most of the river is tree lined and you can now see that summer is coming to an end with the autumnal colours, long shadows, migrating birds and misty mornings. I have tried to capture the scenes on camera but you can never do it justice you cannot capture the early morning mist with the smell and the silence it is sometimes just magical one of the great moments of boating. One of the reasons why we love it.
We are now off the river we have come up the boat lift and are now on our return journey
to Rufford
I will try and download some of the pics but they will not do the river justice but they are with a look

Everyone be good

Buggerlugs

No comments: